Workforce Development Coordinator works closely with our Members to develop their passion and interest in the trade programs offered and manage the workforce development opportunities for the Citi Teen Center. This position will create, plan, develop, manage, and supervise the workforce development program for Boys & Girls Clubs of NE FL (BGCNF). In partnership, community-based organizations, and private sector employers, the Workforce Development Coordinator will work to enhance employment opportunities for members.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Executing dynamic recruitment strategies in collaboration with the Culinary Program Manager and other team members to attract Teens from the community and external partners;
- Developing and maintaining employer relationships in the Jacksonville area
- Facilitating job readiness preparation training, including but not limited to creating resumes, interviewing prep, and independent job search techniques;
- Researching and developing industry knowledge in Culinary Arts and other Service Industry professions offer at the Teen Center.
- Conducting employment assessments to determine candidates’ job readiness level;
- Following up with participants regarding job interviews and employment status
- Obtaining verification documents from employers and/or participants upon placement in a timely manner and using data on a regular basis to manage performance;
- Researching and developing industry knowledge in offered service occupations to ensure effective training for members career goals
- Member focus and adaptability to different personality types and age groups
- Independent self-starter with strong teamwork abilities,
- Flexibility in working towards the larger mission of BGCNF, as this may involve a lot of experimentation in approaches to working with members and referrals to other programs.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Unit Director