Since 1974, TRI-K Industries, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of specialty ingredients, bringing innovative concepts and products to life for the cosmetics industry. TRI-K strives to keep ahead of the curve with a specialization in cosmetic proteins and multi-functional peptides, natural actives, preservatives, and mild surfactants. TRI-K is a member of the Galaxy Group, with sales offices, manufacturing facilities and partners around the world. At TRI-K, we combine an awareness of consumer trends with innovative technologies to maintain our superior offering in the industry. Our in-house development team is constantly pioneering the discovery of new materials, resulting in enhanced consumer benefits.
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
• 401 (K)
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance
• In addition to other programs and plans
Summary: Organizes and executes hair and skin instrumental performance evaluations to support TRI-K’s Innovation Programs and Customer Projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and executes hair and skin instrumental performance and sensory evaluations to support Innovation projects and Customer projects
- Follows hair/skin evaluations protocols and handles instrumentation for hair/skin ingredients evaluations
- Performs study results data analysis, statistical analysis, edits hair/skin evaluations study reports, presentations and communicates study results outcomes
- Maintains hair and skin instrumentation, ensures proper operation, calibration, documentation and troubleshooting according to the SOP (as required)
- Develops prototype formulas for the proof of principal in house skin/hair efficacy studies and external skin efficacy studies (as required)
- Searches and evaluates published literature to understand hair and skin substrates, new instruments software and new methodologies
- Helps edit scientific articles, reports, and technical presentations to promote TRI-K ingredients and technologies (as required)
- Technical knowledge of cosmetic raw materials and cosmetic formulations is preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with high quality, data integrity, flexibility, and organization
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to meet project deadlines
- Excellent analytical, attention to details, data analysis and statistical analysis, technical writing and time management skills are required
- Hands on experience with hair/skin instrumental and clinical evaluations is a plus
- Proficient with Word, Power Point, Excel, Image Analysis Instrumental Software, Statistical Analysis Software
A Bachelor/Master degree in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, Biophysics, Cosmetic Chemistry, Physics, Material Science or a related science degree with minimum of 2 years related experience.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel (less than 5%)
TRI-K doesn’t unlawfully discriminate in employment and no requirement on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or eliminating any applicant from consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.