The IT Intern is an entry-level opportunity in which the candidate will gain experience with day-to-day administration and maintenance of the various information technology systems of the enterprise. Job duties include desktop support, process documentation, network topology and design, and basic information security concepts. This role touches all levels of the organization by serving as the primary interface for employee-related technical solutions. This is a paid internship position.
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Schedule: Part-time flexible work hours Monday - Friday
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of technical resources for the company, including laptops, IP based telephone, printers, peripherals and conference rooms.
- Setup and maintenance of email and other user accounts for new employees and ensuring the proper equipment is deployed.
- Develop system tools and utilities (i.e. scripts, etc.) to simplify and support IT and business operations.
- Establish and maintain technical standards and desktop security policies.
- Work on remote employee systems thru support software.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Coursework in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or another technical related field.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as a team.
- Interest in learning how an enterprise information technology department works / operates
- 0 – 1 years of previous experience in desktop/technical support.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 10).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to problem solve using experience and solid analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with superior written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to recognize when urgency is required.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of duties.
- Basic understanding of VoIP phone systems and hardware.
- Demonstrated skills troubleshooting PC hardware and configuration.
- Demonstrated skills of technical documentation.
- Understanding of PC hardware, able to disassemble and reassemble.
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to crawl, stoop or squat to install computer equipment.
- Ability to drive to jobsites in Northern Colorado or, occasionally, Denver.