Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
This position shall perform a multitude of physical tasks to maintain, changeover, and clean the facility. The work requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs. on a regular basis. This position will work different schedules based upon event activity. The position reports to the Crew Supervisor and the Operations Manager.
- Set-up and strike event related equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, booths, portable stages, and assemble and disassemble the basketball court and support equipment.
- Carry out routine maintenance related to, and general clean-up duties as required for each event during move-in, decorator set-up/rehearsal, event, or move-out activity by all lessees of the Central Bank Center complex, including Central Bank Convention Center, Rupp Arena or the Lexington Opera House.
- Accept direction and other assigned duties from the Conversion Crew Supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Perform custodial duties including dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and washing fixtures and equipment of the facility.
- Operate small equipment and machines such as pallet jacks, forklifts, hi-lifts and cleaning equipment.
- Continually seek improved methods for doing jobs more efficiently.
- Perform other duties as assigned by superiors.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel and bend for long periods of time.
- Will need to able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of power tools and operation of a forklift/hi-lift is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate and critical thinking involved.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work a varied and flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to perform various physical tasks
- Ability to operate small equipment and machinery with the proper training
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.