Customer-Focused, Service-Driven, Creative Problem Solver
Not many companies in today’s world have a 95% retention rate of associates like Indiana Farmers Insurance. We value and retain our associates through a combination of interesting work, great co-workers, and a top-notch total rewards package. We are a financially strong mutual insurance company that values making smart decisions and implementing them sensibly. We also value having a good balance between our work and personal lives. All these factors combined mean a positive and stable workplace for our associates and excellent service for our members!
Indiana Farmers’ Values: Innovation + Collaboration + Accountability + Respect + Empowerment
We are currently looking for a Client Advocate to join our Client Communities Group. The right candidate will enthusiastically respond to customer service inquiries, using the method and timing chosen by the customer. This position requires wide-span knowledge of operational functions to pro-actively engage, connect and problem solve for our clients. As a Client Advocate with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will help provide exceptional customer service, in support of our vision.
Responsibilities in this job include but are not limited to:
- Completing initial new claims setup; processing one-contact claims; providing guidance for repair facilities; making rental reservations; and ensuring the smooth transfer of more complex claim inquiries to the appropriate individuals
- Receiving and processing payment related inquiries via telephone and guiding customers through the online payment process
- Processing simple policyholder change requests and properly directing more complex calls to the appropriate individuals
- Entering data accurately within various systems
- Fully engaging clients through a variety of media platforms to gather information, increase brand loyalty, and to provide the ultimate customer experience
- Properly documenting conversations and transactions in policy and claim files
Important skills and abilities include:
- Strong desire to help solve customer inquiries and problems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (both listening and speaking)
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, organization, and efficiency
- Thorough and detail oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Solid problem solving and decision-making abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent, additional customer service experience or training, required
- Excellent command of language skills; bilingual is preferred
- Basic understanding of underwriting concepts and general understanding of insurance and social media outlets, preferred
- Desire to increase knowledge, learn new systems and adopt new tools to enhance overall job performance
- Flexbility in work schedule with the ability to work outside of normal office hours
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 143 years in business!
Our Total Rewards Package includes a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Excellent health, dental, vision and life Insurance plans are provided free of charge to associates.
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow.
- We offer an exceptional 401(k) Plan with a 2% match plus an 11% company contribution.
- An above average Paid Time Off bank of days as well as paid holidays are standard.
- We offer a paid Day of Service to serve others at your favorite charitable organization.
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization.
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture.
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier.
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!