Pay Range: $47,840 - $71,760/yr
Status: Year-Round (Exempt)
Arapahoe Basin has an incredible wedding and banquet program that includes a robust schedule of weddings, unique events sanctioned by A-Basin, and internal events throughout the days and evenings of our summer and winter seasons. For our wedding couples and banquet patrons, we aim to provide a professional and polished product that also embodies A-Basin’s character and vibe. Our internal events consist of food and beverage items for departmental training sessions and/or for celebratory employee functions that can be held during the day or in the evenings.
As the Sales & Catering Manager at A-Basin, you will market, sell, and plan all weddings. You will generate internal documents for all functions and special events held at various F&B outlets throughout the year. You will communicate these plans to the chefs and managers and, with the help of a summer seasonal coordinator, you will assist in executing events.
Our banquet staff at A-Basin realizes the importance of what we do and that our efforts directly affect the experience people have, potentially on one of the most important days of their lives.
Come help us make life long memories. Apply now to join our F&B team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Complete all Wedding and Banquets’ administrative functions including: hiring, scheduling, training, payroll, employee coaching, and disciplinary concerns
- Work with the Summer Wedding & Banquet Coordinator to create an event schedule for the summer wedding season
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with F&B Director, FOH Manager(s), Chefs, Servers, Cooks, Mountain Operations, clients, and outside vendors
- Work with the Marketing department to ensure accurate and current marketing materials pertaining to weddings on: A-Basin’s website, external marketing websites, and onsite marketing displays
- Work with the F&B managers, chefs, and Director to freshen banquet menus and determine pricing from year to year; maintain a high level of knowledge of menus
- Respond to email and phone call inquiries regarding A-Basin’s event venues for weddings and other banquets in a timely manner
- Conduct sales tours with prospective clients in an effort to fill the summer event calendar
- Collect deposits and organize contracts with clients in order for them to book available event dates
- Plan and execute an annual tasting in the winter; invite wine vendors and other preferred vendors for summer events
- Work closely with clients throughout the winter season to create a food and beverage menu and schedule for their event; communicate with the F&B department to enable managers, chefs, servers, and cooks to serve food at its highest quality
- Create room diagrams, approved by clients, for venue managers
- Complete all Banquet Event Order forms for A-Basin-sanctioned events, internal events, and weddings and banquets; share order forms with all involved managers and chefs at weekly F&B staff meeting and within 10 days of functions
- Work A-Basin’s sanctioned events such as Full Moon Dinners, Il Rifugio Randonee Dinners, and internal employee events
- Communicate the rules of A-Basin’s chairlifts, summer access road, and National Forest Service agreements to clients and their hired vendors; ensure all necessary policy documents are signed
- Coordinate all concerns between clients, guests, and banquet staff to identify and handle any issues that may arise, using excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Generate Change Orders for all functions as necessary and distribute them to managers in a timely manner
- Work with outside vendors to ensure they are properly equipped to travel the summer service road to access the venue via the company’s service road policy and agreement document
- Conduct wedding rehearsal with client and wedding party in an efficient and professional manner
- Confirm event schedules with outside vendors hired by the client; coordinate with all parties on the day of wedding, in conjunction with BML Manager
- Collect deposits per contract standards; generate final invoices and collect final payments for assigned banquets
- Perform all other duties as assigned