Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Staff Engineer, Process Development located San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented candidate to join our Process Development and Technology Transfer team. This individual shall provide technical leadership for manufacturing process development, new product introduction, and manufacturing support. Additionally, this person will partner cross-functionally with R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finance to accomplish company and project goals.
- Provide technical leadership to define, develop, characterize, and optimize consumables manufacturing processes and products used in the editing of genes.
- Define, source, install, and qualify manufacturing equipment in support of manufacturing process and product volume requirements.
- Design and execute controlled experiments to optimize manufacturing processes, quality, cost, and throughput. Drive implementation of solutions into manufacturing to meet company and project goals.
- Work with external suppliers to define raw material specifications and optimize raw material performance.
- Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of biology, chemistry and materials science.
- Define technical and operational process requirements. Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications and procedures.
- Represent Operations’ needs on development teams and other cross-functional team.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, or Physical Chemistry with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Work experience in the biotech, life sciences, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
- Experience with molecular biology or NGS is a plus.
- Demonstrated abilities in consumables manufacturing process development and technology transfer to manufacturing are required.
- Experience with statistics including comparative analyses, DOE techniques, process capability, and Statistical Process Control and are required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical challenges is required.
- Intermediate software programming, scripting, and lab automation skills is a plus.
- Strong interdepartmental communication, influence, and documentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with rapidly expanding additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego California. This position is located in our San Diego location.