Come find out what makes 75 State Street so special!
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting. As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – both for our residents who rely on 75 State Street to provide a safe, supportive environment in which to age in place, and for our staff – without whom we could not maintain our stellar reputation for care and community.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide routine housekeeping services for resident rooms and common areas throughout complex, while providing excellent customer service, contributing to a quality living environment for all residents, establishing and maintaining a positive and productive working relationship with all departments, and adhering to the agency’s policies and procedures and Assisted Living Philosophy.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping of floors in resident rooms and common areas.
- Cleaning toilets and bathrooms in resident rooms and common areas.
- Maintain paper and linen supplies.
- Washing windows and dusting in resident apartments and common areas.
- Provide bed-making and laundry services for residents.
- Transports trash to appropriate disposal area.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment, updating quarterly.
- Follow safety procedures and report hazards promptly.
- Report maintenance issues to appropriate parties.
- Prepare units within established timeframes between move out and move-ins.
- Adhere to all applicable state, federal, and Agency rules, policies, procedures, and regulations at all times.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Ensure that all external common areas are kept clean in accordance with Agency policy.
- Embody core values of 75 State Street at all times.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Exhibit a consistent positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Recommend efficiencies or areas of improvement when relevant.
- Maintain good working relationships with residents and other staff.
- Attend all required trainings, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to walk, stand, and push a housekeeping cart and vacuum.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interact well with people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capable of exercising individual initiative.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software as needed.
- Ability to complete necessary forms, including online timesheets.
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental, vision, 403(b), flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned time. Excellent working environment.