Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics – and we’re off to a great start. We’ve partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our Alphabot® technology, which will enable a new form of retail store. To succeed, we need to grow our team.
We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
Full Time, Exempt
The Electrical Installation Technical Lead will have responsibility for the electrical aspects of the complete installation of Alert Innovation’s storage & retrieval structure at customer sites.
This position will perform the critical role of providing the technical expertise required to ensure that the combination of subcontractors and Alert Innovation employees complete installation of the Alphabot structure in compliance with all critical parameters such that there is a defect free hand off to the Alert commissioning team.
This position requires a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their team’s success and has strong technical, interpersonal, problem solving skills. Due to the fast-paced and dynamic nature of the work, the right candidate will possess the ability to maintain order amidst chaos, adapt easily to change, maintain focus on the objective, operate with minimal supervision and thrive under the pressure of challenging deadlines. This is an end user-facing position working under minimal supervision and requires travel throughout North America.
- Effectively trains, evaluates, and leads electrical contractors.
- Builds example assemblies as required.
- Answers technical questions during the installation.
- Manages delivery of Alert materials to support the installation team.
- Coordinates with other trades prior to and during installation process.
- Contributes to continuous improvement by suggesting procedural and design changes.
- Validates that equipment is installed per Alert requirements and that work meets relevant state and local code.
- Contributes to team effort with hands-on activities to meet daily productivity goals.
- Oversees and approves site deviations, ensures documentation is maintained.
- Performs power and signal testing to confirm that the system is wired properly.
- Travels throughout North America to support site installations and upgrades.
- Valid electrician license in good standing, from any state in the USA.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifications, bills of materials and work instructions.
- Able to install and repair wiring and components of equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
- Familiar with the requirements for electrical safety such as LOTO, hazard risk assessment and compliance with NFPA 70E.
- Ability to solve technical problems in a timely manner with minimal support.
- Multidisciplinary (mechanical & electrical) technical aptitudes.
- Ability to react to changing conditions & work to aggressive deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and qualified to obtain a credit card for travel-related expenses; able to obtain a passport.
- Extra points: familiarity with 8D or similar structured problem-solving tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate at all levels (with internal and external customers, engineers, technicians & tradespersons) in written, verbal & presentation formats.
- Ability to maintain focus on project goals in the face of schedule pressure and challenging conditions.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve project goals.
- Willingness to accept ownership for project goals.
- Willingness to perform any and all tasks necessary to achieve project goals.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision to achieve aggressive project goals.
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Electrician with experience in commercial and industrial construction; experience managing electrical crews and schedules.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.