As one of the pre-eminent Lending as a Service (LaaS) companies, Vervent sets the global standard for outperformance by delivering superior expertise, future-built technology, and meaningful services. We support our industry-leading partners with primary strategic services including Loan & Lease Servicing, Call Center Services, Backup Servicing/Capital Markets Support, Credit Card Servicing, and Card Marketing & Customer Acquisition. Vervent empowers companies to accelerate business, drive compliance, and maximize service.
General Position Summary:
Here are the top 3 things we're looking for in a candidate for this position, in this order. If you have this experience and are looking for an awesome, fast-growing team, we want to meet you!
1. Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
3. Eager to learn
The Account Management Specialist is responsible for developing and delivering solutions for payment exception processing, account level accounting, and/or tax accounting. The Account Management Specialist will also perform administrative tasks such as preparing and filing legal documents, handling bankruptcy correspondence, and processing sales or property tax documentation and remittance. Additionally, this position may be responsible for processing all Bankruptcy related correspondence, notifications and inquiries received from clients, debtors, debtors' attorneys, courts, trustees and Vervent staff.
- Oversee assigned payment posting and balancing activities and ensure timely resolution to any unapplied, misapplied, or out of balance incident. Research unidentified payments and decision within 24-48 hours.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of personal property tax or state and local jurisdictional sale, use and rental tax returns. Ensure tax rates are accurate and updated as changes are made by applicable jurisdictions. Complete monthly reconciliations for assigned clients.
- Research and resolve escalated complaints received from the Call Center, Customer Advocacy Team or Client Services associated with payment issues and tax treatment. Complete investigation of the issue and respond timely and thoroughly. Timely response is generally within 24- 48 hours.
- Complete all assigned tasks or cases within 48 business hours.
- Analyze and respond to trends in volume fluctuation, product mix, regulatory changes and client requirements.
- Adhere to department standards for maintenance of customer accounts, tax reporting and remittance while consistently maintaining current customer, collateral, and status information on all accounts.
- Collaborate and be the voice of the customer with other departments.
- Direct maintenance on all types of accounts including updating loan servicing system and any internal databases as necessary (flagging accounts in bankruptcy) to ensure company adherence to all applicable regulations.
- Monitor accounts by taking proper action after case dismissal or discharge; conduct research on bankruptcy related matters to assist outside council; and evaluate and implement proper course of action for any bankruptcy related issue that may arise.
- High School diploma with some college required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in accounts payable, loan and lease accounting, or general finance.
- Two years’ experience in multi-state sales and property tax preparation as well as exposure to collections and post charge-off collections, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences including customers, team members, and clients, through written and verbal means.
- Knowledge of consumer bankruptcy - Emphasis on Creditor Representation with working knowledge of: Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Analytical skills sufficient to calculate variable rates and ratios, deciphering tax guides, researching payments and translating data into actionable steps for processing.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work across teams, ability to focus on broader goals and customer level details simultaneously, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and Loan Servicing Software required. Experience with LeasePak and Property Tax Management System (PTMS) preferred.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.