Responsibilities include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel arrangements, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and tracking spending trends, keeping record of office supplies, spending accounts and customer relations. Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, with a command of EXCEL programs. Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required. May assist with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants and fill in for the office receptionist as needed.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Attends meetings with Vice President (VP) of Human Services, records the minutes and makes them available within 7 days of the meeting.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Maintains VP calendar, scheduling, merging electronic calendars.
- Organize conference and meeting registration, travel and room bookings.
- Coordinate meetings and organize catering, and other logistic needs as requested.
- Coordinate agency New Hire Orientation with Human Resources and other program VPs. Ensuring that notification to all appropriate parties goes out in a timely fashion, that all rooms are materials and equipment are reserved, refreshments are available (when appropriate).
- Provides information by answering questions and requests from clients, funders and staff.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Create memos, cover letters, and business letters while maintaining accurate files of program communications both electronic and manual.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of the project.