U.S. CAD, a leading provider of software and services that support the AEC&O (Architect, Engineering, Construction, Owner) community, is seeking a Business Development Representative - Infrastructure to join our dynamic and growing organization. This position is fully remote but prefer candidates to be located in Orange County, CA.
The Business Development Representative - Infrastructure is responsible for prospecting and finding new business in specific regional areas as assigned. This job will have a sales quota and performance is measured by meeting or exceeding monthly targets. This includes up-selling and cross-selling software products training, BIM production, and consulting services (to name a few). This position reports will work closely with the broader sales team, Technical/Professional Services group, Vendors, Marketing, and our Customer Success team.
· At least 5 years prior sales experience in the AEC&O industry.
· 1-2 years previous experience and success in a sales development or business development role.
· Possess a strong understanding of business practices, how organizations in the AEC&O industries perform work, and how they deliver value to their customers.
· Strong understanding of customer motivations for the use of technology, and the likely business issues that relate to technology investments.
· Large book of existing relationships in the AEC industry to build from.
· Complete comfort and confidence in cold calling/prospecting.
· Familiarity with sales processes and selling methodologies.
· Familiarity with sales logging applications/CRM (i.e., NetSuite, SalesForce).
· Familiarity with prospecting tools such as LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Dodge, etc.
· Ability to speak comfortably and effectively to large and small groups of people. Effective speakers have the ability to command audience attention and adjust their presentation to the needs of the audience at a moment’s notice.
· Ability to adapt quickly and manage difficult situations, sometimes with little guidance.
· Ability to efficiently work from a home office environment.
· Ability to travel to clients in the designated territory, and travel for company trainings and other events.
· Strong work ethic: Team oriented, self-starter, high energy, and results oriented.
· Strong understanding and/or willingness to learn about complex offerings related to data storage and virtualization of workspaces.
· Strong verbal and written skills and the ability to overcome technical and business objections.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Represent U.S. CAD in a professional manner as the premier “Thought Leader” in the AEC&O community.
· Spend approximately 90% of time capturing and growing new customers in the territory (at least initially).
· Seek new service and software business opportunities while developing new business relationships to help grow the U.S. CAD business in alignment with U.S. CAD Growth areas.
· Hunt, research, prospect and promote the sales of U.S. CAD products and services through direct solicitation via telephone and face-to-face meetings.
· Conduct outbound calls with a target number of 10 calls per day.
· Prospect for BIM production and consulting services opportunities.
· Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from trade shows, direct mail responses, outdated leads, dealer resellers, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
· Maintain records of all opportunities, communications, and activity in U.S. CAD’s CRM system (NetSuite).
· Provide accurate weekly forecast against plans and targets.
· Maintain basic knowledge of Autodesk products, competitive products, and industry trends in the AEC&O industries.
· Understand customer issues and requirements to recommend a specific Autodesk product, industry solution or consulting services.
· Maintain strong understanding of service opportunities and work with technical resources to build service pipeline.
· Maintain cutting edge knowledge of the U.S. CAD portfolio of products and other software and technologies represented by U.S. CAD with a solid understanding of how they are used in the AEC&O industries.
· Build strong relationships for business planning with U.S. CAD vendors and internal team members.
· Respond to customer inquiries in a professional and prompt manner.
· Position based in Irvine, California although remote work is possible with right applicant.
· Duties and assignments are subject to change.
· Maintain an industry recognized leadership position through social networking and other public events, that include but is not limited to: Product and Implementation Tips/Tricks, White Papers, Publication Articles, Marketing Presentations, Tradeshows, Presentations and Blogging.
Company Culture & Core Values
U.S. CAD’s staff are committed to living out the Company Culture and Core Values daily with an emphasis on teamwork, a positive attitude, and a desire to learn.
· Open and consistent communication at all levels
· Fun atmosphere: Happy employees are productive employees
· Lead by example
· Respect for people and process
· One team: Whether we succeed, or we fail, we do so together
· Creativity and “outside the box” thinking is highly encouraged
· Honesty & Integrity: Words and actions in complete alignment
· Commitment to Excellent Service: Providing quality work and follow-through
· Accountability: Responsible to our coworkers, our customers and ourselves
· Trust and Mutual Respect: The foundation for win-win relationships