JOB SUMMARY: The security officer provides security and assistance to residents and visitors entering or exiting the building. Ensures safety and general well-being of staff, residents and building mechanicals.
SALARY GRADE: $11.80-$15.00
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Greets and assists residents and visitors as they enter and leave the building.
• Answers and direct all incoming calls in a professional manner.
• Screens visitors as they enter the building, asks visitors to sign in and notifies residents or employees of their arrival, and has employees without a Valley Manor ID sign in.
• Performs thorough security and safety rounds of both Valley Manor and Assisted Living every two to four hours, based on established schedules.
• Reports any irregularities or issues to Executive Director or Security Team Leader, and creates incident reports to be distributed to Security Team Leader, Executive Director, and the Operations Manager.
• Monitors security cameras for any irregularities in and around facility grounds.
• Ensures all exterior main entrances and emergency exits are clear of snow and ice. Puts down salt at employee walkway ramps, steps to assisted living, glass door Gallery B stair exit, and main entrance, portico as needed.
• Locks down elevators on 1st floor and notifies fire department in the event of an alarm.
• Notifies police in the event of theft, break in, or suspicious behavior reported by staff or residents, or observed in person, or viewed on surveillance cameras.
• Respond to emergency situations. Administers emergency first aid to the resident and or/calls 911 if the situation warrants it.
• Ensures office and storage areas are secure and brings any safety concerns to the Security Team Leader’s attention.
• Responds according to policy and procedures to any and all health call alerts that come into the front desk. Logs any departures and returns in notebook and also notes on incident report.
• Observes staff entering and leaving facility at shift change. Escorts staff to vehicles as requested.
• Receives and creates complete work orders for residents and posts for maintenance.
• Notifies on-call maintenance personnel and contains and controls, if possible, emergency building maintenance issues as they arise.
• Logs in packages and notifies and/or delivers them in a timely manner to residents and internal departments as needed.
• Directs and assists residents with daily and upcoming events sign-up sheets.
• Takes guest room reservations and records information for daytime staff to properly bill for services. On short notice, alerts housekeeping of new occupancies.
• Calls residents that did not come down to dinner off of the list that food service provides.
• Informs pertinent staff and documents when residents are sent to the hospital or are deceased.
• Assists residents and visitors with parking needs.
• Assist and transport residents to and from outside appointments safely, comfortably and in a timely fashion. Transport residents in ESLC vehicles, including but not limited to 14 passenger bus with wheelchair lift. Observe speed limits and safe driving practices 100% of the time.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to function with minimal supervision. Be of good physical and mental health. Ability to cope with stressful situations. Must have current CPR and first aid certification. Must possess valid New York State driver’s license with a clean driving record for use of ESLC vehicle to conduct company business. Must have the ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and general public.
EDUCATION: Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma.
EXPERIENCE: One to two years experience in the security field.