miRagen Therapeutics is currently seeking a highly motivated Contract Specialist to support strategic initiatives through full contract lifecycle management. The Contract Specialist will work closely with clinical study teams, product development teams, hospitals, vendors, suppliers, consultants, legal, finance and/or compliance groups to prepare, review, negotiate, and manage a variety of agreements.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Prepare, revise, review, negotiate, and manage lifecycle of new contracts within critical program timelines, including agreements involving industry and academic collaborations, MSA’s, MTA’s, CDA’s and Vendor/Consulting contracts;
• Organize and maintain the contract lifecycle in the electronic contract management system;
• Assess the need for contract amendments in collaboration with internal teams;
• Liaise with internal teams to understand contract needs based on program timelines;
• Assist Accounts Payable with contract documentation and reconciliation of payments in accordance with contract terms;
• Provide routine updates and reports.
Bachelor’s degree and/or certified paralegal with a minimum 5 years’ experience managing contracts in a regulated pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
• Strong working knowledge of contract language across a variety of types of agreements;
• Expertise in coordinating and negotiating contract terms and conditions;
• Proven ability to identify risks and/or liabilities in contract language;
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work with a sense of urgency;
• Excellent negotiating skills coupled with the ability to effectively handle objections;
• Must be highly articulate with exceptional communication skills;
• Experience with an electronic contract management system is preferred.