Operate all relevant machinery, tools, and equipment and undertake standard and complex production tasks safely and in accordance with instructions. Perform basic maintenance on equipment, troubleshoot problems, or arrange for supervisor to have equipment repaired or serviced by appropriate technicians. Ability to set up and operate Mazak lathes, produce parts to blueprint specifications and see that the quality standards are met. Ability to program Mazatrol controls is a plus. Assist and help train less skilled and experienced operators.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Demonstrate a high standard of work ethics, by example.
· Promote methods for efficient operation.
· Use standardized guidelines for setups, tooling, fixtures and equipment.
· Promote a safe, clean work environment.
· Maintain the necessary paperwork.
· Ability to make setups (methods, tooling, and fixtures to assure proper methodology).
· Input to revise methods (setups and fixturing to correct deficiencies).
· Check and report repairs and make necessary adjustments to tools and fixtures before
returning to assigned storage area.
· Suggest improvements to implement cost reductions.
· Ability to use and understand inspection tools and equipment.
· Knowledge of blueprints and tolerancing.
· Experience setting up and operating Mazak lathes and knowledge of Mazatrol programming.
· Ability to use DNC software to upload/download programs.
· Provide training as necessary to improve overall operation of the machine shop.
· May be required to work overtime.
· Produce production runs of work orders as necessary.
· Must be self sufficient, team oriented.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
· Decision making
· Drive for results
· Continuous Improvement
· Effective Communication
· Perform inspection on parts being manufactured
· On the job training
Education and Experience:
3 years of machine shop experience or educational equivalent
· Able to operate manual pallet jack & pull/ push 50 lbs.
· Able to lift 30 lbs.
· Able to walk, stand 4 – 8 hrs at a time.