At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Data Scientist
The Data Scientist will be an integral part of the Finance Operations team, which is responsible for providing insightful analysis across the company to ensure the company is meeting its intended goals. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Build models to understand and predict metrics like user growth, future revenue, conversion, churn, and more.
- Manage recurring revenue (MRR/ARR) calculations, retention analysis and pipelines.
- Focus on uncovering critical insights and delivering models to leverage those findings thus powering intelligent business decisions.
- Create, manage and improve KPI dashboards for all departments.
- Collaborate with leadership, sales, finance, product, engineering, operations and marketing teams to identify, and optimize revenue enhancing opportunities.
- Drive measurable business value and communicate the results to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- This person will be managing a Business Analyst as part of their responsibilities.
- 5-7 years’ experience working as a data scientist partnering with finance, business operations, and/or sales teams
- Experience with MRR/ARR and retention analysis at a SaaS/recurring revenue company
- Intermediate/Advanced Proficiency (or at least 2-5 years expertise) in at least one scripting language (ideally Python or R).
- A strong understanding of statistics, including regression and predictive modeling
- Strong proficiency in writing complex SQL queries, manipulating data, and common Python data science libraries (such as scikit-learn, etc.) and generate dashboards in Tableau
- Concentration in mathematics or similar, including statistics, and programming, business intelligence/analytics, as well as data science tools (such as Hadoop, Elastic Search) and research using large data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to guide and make recommendations to technical and non-technical business users
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Statistics, Computer Science, Decision Sciences, Quantitative Methods, Applied Mathematics or similar quantitative field of study
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.