Schnitzer West, LLC’s vision, mission, promise, culture, values, and goals are at the heart of every decision made. The Company takes pride in and fiercely protects its 5 Core Fundamental Values:
- Disciplined – Prepare for anything. Anticipate, ask questions, and clarify. Own every moment. Don’t run from risk; mitigate it to create value. Keep your eye on the prize while obsessing over the details.
- Driven – Work with passion and ambition. Be relentless and work with urgency.
- Bold – Pioneer true innovation and be motivated by the unknown. Thrive in uncertainty to outperform the expected.
- Authentic – Work without ego and be a doer, not a talker. Be fair but candid and always willing and able to roll up your sleeves.
- ‘Cowboy Family’ – Be all in with the firm; pushing and protecting each other to achieve greatness and exceed all expectations. Take pride in being a difference maker and for making a material impact.
This unwavering focus makes Schnitzer West, LLC a recognized and well-respected vanguard in the industry and maintains the framework that allows for superior communications, sound decisive decision making, diversity of thought, and unparalleled business practices, rigor, and innovation.
General Position Summary:
This position serves as the primary contact for tenant requests and relations, vendor management, and provides general administrative support to Schnitzer West’s management team as well as for marketing and leasing efforts related to the property.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Tenant Relations
- Be the first point of contact, representing the company for tenants in a pleasant and welcoming manner.
- Provide directional support, and field questions about the building, facilities, or amenities.
- Provide information or referrals to available area amenities e.g., restaurants, shopping, lodging, dry cleaning, florists, activities etc.
- Assist with property tours and preparation of supporting materials.
- Assist in cultivating positive tenant relations; help in planning events.
- Coordinator for tenant service requests (Building Engines), service calls with building engineers, tenant service logs, and meetings.
- Respond to tenant requests promptly and assist in answering tenant questions and resolving tenant concerns.
- Prepare and maintain tenant contact information and mailing lists.
- Coordinate closely with Day Porter to ensure the building is maintained to a Class A standard.
- Assist as needed with scheduling conference center rooms.
- Create and maintain property newsletter and building information brochures.
- Serve as primary contact to establish and maintain card access controls.
- Maintain fitness center membership program to include invoicing of monthly dues.
- Track and maintain certificates of insurance, ensure compliance with tenant leases.
- Maintain HUB and fitness center access controls.
- Coordinate Hub and fitness center programs.
- Develop and lead Tenant Anniversary Program and Quarterly Treat Campaign.
- Ownership of Tenant Handbook, distributing to new tenants, and maintaining updated copy on website for downloading.
- Social Media coordinator posting frequent updates on Instagram, Facebook, and website, as applicable, for building events and other local events of interest.
2. Financial Management
- Support Accounts Receivable procedures, review monthly tenant statements for accuracy, track tenant payments, monitor tenant delinquencies and assist with collection calls as needed.
- Prepare monthly Partner meetings and meeting updates, quarterly Board reports, AFE’s and other internal reports or paperwork as needed.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets, CAM estimates and reconciliation, and monthly forecasts.
- Manage Accounts Payable, code all property invoices for approval and reconcile invoices to the original budget identifying changes in scope and fee. Coordinate the contract with accounting.
3. Process expense reports.
4. Research and resolve invoice discrepancies.
5. Facilities Management
- Identify and research vendors for specific tasks as needed. Coordinate the vendor selection process including interviews and scoring.
- Prepare vendor contracts with direction.
- Assist in the development of, and track and maintain, vendor budgets, lists and files, invoices, and contracts.
- Communicate changes in a timely and accurate manner with the person responsible for the contract and accounting.
- Work with building engineers and vendors to resolve any issues.
- Work with building engineers to maintain property in Class A condition.
- Conduct regular site visits.
- Draft proposals and lease documents, track changes, maintain correspondence and leasing files.
- Assist with all marketing activities including creation of collateral, correspondence with brokers, prospects, and vendors.
6. Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to the entire team as needed including, spread sheets, word processing, presentation, and database work.
- Specifically prepare correspondence; scheduling; travel arrangements; lease-related paperwork; take notes at meetings, track, copy and file documents and related functions.
- Assist with special projects.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Specific Job Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Outlook. Accurate keyboarding skills (at least 45 wpm.) Ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Expert organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and speak English.
- Ability to deal with interruptions effectively and successfully perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to set own priorities to manage own time to meet deadlines. High level of responsiveness, and ability to work with limited direction as self starter.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, and excellent organization and filing skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all business records.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Higher education or vocational training specializing in business or computer skills required.
- Minimum 2-year related position experience required.
- Real estate background required including tenant and building improvements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers, peripheral vision, and depth perception including close proximity and focus.
- Ability to exert up to 10 lbs. of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office and computer equipment.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone in English.
- Literate in English language.
- Ability to alternate between sitting, standing, and walking frequently, up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms over head occasionally.
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder.
- Frequently move about inside buildings and outside, over uneven terrain, while maintaining balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light traffic.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Schnitzer West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.