Position Summary: The Foster Care/Adoption Case Manager provide guidance, training, and assistance to foster/adoptive parents and children in care. The Case Manager is responsible for assessment and coordination of services to each individual child, support and education for the foster/adoptive parents, and available to coordinate services with the child’s biological family if appropriate. Must be knowledgeable of all PCHAS polices, COA policies, TDFPS minimum standards and the Texas Family Codes; and see that these policies are followed.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provides case management services for all assigned clients, working with all other team members for guidance and assistance. Maintains an average caseload of 15-16 clients.
· Conducts face to face contact with each foster/adoptive child and foster/adoptive family on a monthly basis (minimally).
· Provides overall support, including consultation, individual training (TBRI and other behavior interventions, self-care monitoring, information sharing, and relationship building support for each family and child on the case manager’s caseload.
· Maintains accurate documentation of client’s records. Audits case records to meet Minimum Standards, PCHAS Policies, COA policies and Texas Family Codes.
· Facilitates the development and ensures the implementation of service plans for each child and family on assigned caseload
The Foster Care/Adoption Case Manager works in provided office space. Much of the duties is performed in family homes. May work some remotely. Team coordination is vital. The environment is high energy level and at times stressful. Travel is necessary locally and at times overnight out of town. After hours work and sometimes weekend work is normal. On call hours are routine
Foster Care/Adoption Case Manager will serve families primarily in Ellis County and Southern Dallas County area. Office location: 6100 Colwell Blvd., Irving, Texas. Case Manager will report to Irving office at least one day per week.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, a Master Degree in Social Work or related field is preferred. Some experience with families and children is preferred.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.