The Customer Service Representative assists clients in completion of applications, verification of information and collection of data. Also responsible for conducting marketing and outreach activities for client education and program promotion.
Minimal level of supervision is provided, generally for problem resolution. Employee knows and understands work requirements, completes tasks without direction. Employee has independent decision-making opportunities, in more diverse and complex situations.
- Assist clients in the completion of applications, verify and document information on applications. Prepare and send necessary correspondence and make field visits to complete applications as needed. Respond to inquiries regarding status of applications. Promote and engage in community outreach for energy service programs.
- Conduct follow-up survey activities to determine customer satisfaction, conduct marketing activities and community outreach to promote Energy Services programs and assist in completing applications.
- Provide telephone answering and intake triage for all customer inquiries.
- Complete reports; enter and maintain program data on computerized system.
SUCCESS FACTORS Key behaviors or attributes which are core to performing this job.
- Ability to organize work and to schedule and manage priorities and deadlines despite numerous interruptions.
- Ability to analyze, critique and execute independent judgment decisions, unique for every case file.
- Motivated to meet and exceed monthly production requirements.
- Ability to perform public speaking engagements, promote and market organizational programs.
- Ability to interact and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, clients and visitors.
- Sensitivity to different cultures and ability to relate well and effectively in diverse workplace and with a diverse client population.
Ability to maintain confidentiality in conformance with agency policy and applicable laws
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years experience working in a customer service position in an office environment.
- Experience operating a personal computer and using office related software.
- Must be able to type 35 words per minute.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math operations
- Must be bondable, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a driving record compatible with NHS insurance company standards.
Nature of work requires an ability to sit for long periods of time and to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs. independently. Overnight travel by automobile may be occasionally required. May require evening and weekend hours as business needs demand.