Wayside Publishing is a progressive developer of world language programs, resources, and materials for middle and high schools across the United States. We partner with educators to craft transformative texts and digital tools that engage students and foster successful communication and understanding across cultures. If you seek a varied and fast-paced environment and possess a strong mix of applicable skills, we’d like to hear from you.
As Digital Content Manager you will play a key role in the creation and maintenance of digital learning content on Wayside Publishing’s learning management system, as well as contributing ideas and improvements for the future of the platform itself. For new products, you will oversee projects from manuscripts to live, functional, and accurate digital content for e-books and e-learning activities of the customer-facing digital product. The ideal Content Manager thrives on accuracy and efficiency, advocates for the customer perspective, and displays a strong desire for collaboration and innovation.
- Collaborates with Content Creation team to build eBooks and digital activities, organize, upload, and maintain digital program content, and perform quality assurance for accuracy and functionality.
- Ensures content integrity and collaborates with developmental editors and project managers to address customer feedback.
- Works closely with the Digital Development and Digital Innovation teams to follow and provide input on upcoming learning system features and shares requests and ideas for new functionality.
- Communicates between digital platform developers and educational program designers to ensure alignment.
- Researches vendors and industry standards to collaborate across teams and share insights that drive the continual evolution of an exceptional platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Education, English, Library, and Information Science) or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in educational multimedia content development and production
- Accurate and detail-oriented with an editorial eye.
- Database management; e-learning systems management is a plus.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (primarily InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), HTML, CSS. Proficiency in XML and other coding languages is a plus.
- Experience with audio, video, and image editing.
- World language experience preferred.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance with options for supplemental insurances (Dental, Vision, Accident)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies paid by the company
- Life insurance policy paid by the company with options for increased coverage
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE