Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY A SENIOR JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER?
The Senior Java Software Engineer will play a critical role in developing business logic for a state-of-the-art Material Control System (MCS) responsible for directing next-generation robots in an inventory management system. As a senior software engineer, you will be part of a talented team of software engineers focused on developing industry-changing solutions.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
Working in a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy.
Contributing to the realization of our mission and changing the way an entire industry operates.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
BUSINESS LOGIC DEVELOPMENT, TEST, AND DOCUMENTATION
- Develop business logic in the Java programming language to control behavior of and coordinate between various automation items such as motors, sensors, ID readers, scales, PLCs, and custom-designed robotics.
- Work with the electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to document and detail software requirements.
- Develop modular, well documented code.
- Create software acceptance tests.
- Assist with user manuals and software documentation.
- Play an active role in group discussions to share and gain knowledge.
- Investigate, assess, and implement new technologies
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 7 years of experience in Java development
- Familiar with software configuration management, defect tracking, and peer review methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable in material control or warehouse management systems (OHTs, AGVs, RGVs, CTVs).
- Strong JavaEE skills (JDBC, JMS, JTA, JPA, JBoss).
- Experience with Atlassian software management suite (Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledgeable in network TCP/IP
- Comfortable working in an agile, collaborative team environment.
- Previous experience with JBoss application server.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in the company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.