McCallie is seeking to hire a student-centered fine arts instructor who has special expertise in graphic design and printing, animation, and other two-dimensional media. The successful candidate will join a department focused on teaching, one that is developing courses that engage boys, especially in new and emerging media. McCallie seeks an individual who will embody McCallie’s ideals and engage in the overall McCallie community and mission.
This is a ten month, full-time position. It is considered exempt and eligible for full benefits.
The ideal applicant will:
- be a professional in a digital media field or practicing artist;
- have experience teaching 2-D and graphic design courses at the high school or college level;
- have a degree or significant practical experience in fine arts or graphic design;
- have extensive experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and other animation and graphic design applications;
- have the ability to teach foundation level courses in drawing;
- have some familiarity with web design;
- demonstrate a student centered approach to teaching and possess the ability to engage the imagination of boys with all levels of artistic ability and interests;
- demonstrate a collaborative spirit and willingness to work with and support his or her colleagues;
- have a deep understanding of McCallie’s mission - including both its commitment to character development and the ideals of honor, truth, and duty and its Christian foundation and Judeo-Christian heritage - and have a desire to live out and serve that mission for the good of McCallie boys.
To be considered for this position an applicant must:
- have relevant teaching or practical experience;
- have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in fine arts or related field; and
- demonstrate an understanding and support of McCallie’s mission and institutional commitments.
Additional qualifications or characteristics desired, but not required, include:
- experience with photography, film making, or web design;
- experience relevant to teaching, coaching, or serving in another program area.