The Heising-Simons Foundation is a family foundation that works to advance sustainable solutions in climate and clean energy, enable groundbreaking research in science, enhance the education of our youngest learners, and support human rights for all people. In 2018, the Foundation awarded more than $95 million. Since its first grant in 2007, the Foundation has awarded more than $400 million.
Working as a team with the Office Services Coordinator and the Operations and IT Specialist, the Receptionist provides both front desk responsibilities and general office support. This non-exempt position is based in our Los Altos office and reports to the COO. This position can be either full-time or part-time.
• Greet, announce, and direct visitors in a welcoming manner.
• Answer, screen, and direct incoming telephone calls and provide callers with basic information, as requested.
• Maintain office security procedures.
• Coordinate outgoing mail and delivery services and route incoming mail, deliveries, and publications.
• Maintain appropriate inventory of office and kitchen supplies and order, receive, and distribute, as appropriate.
• Maintain appearance of the reception area, conference rooms, and kitchen/lunchroom.
• Organize conference room reservations and coordinate logistical details and catering requirements for meetings.
• Schedule meetings, and provide general administrative and clerical support, as needed.
• Respond to staff and visitor requests and anticipate their needs.
• Provide general administrative and clerical support, as needed
• College degree or high school graduate with equivalent experience.
• 1+ years of administrative experience in a professional office setting.
• Customer-service oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent administrative experience and Microsoft Office skills.
• Able to work independently, anticipate needs, take initiative, and follow-through.
• Resourceful and skilled at problem-solving.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
• Flexible, team-oriented, and willing to assist others, as needed.
• Punctual and dependable.
• Able to maintain both a professional demeanor and a sense of humor and be productive under pressure.
• Able to explain the Foundation’s history, values, and current funding initiatives.
• Nonprofit interest and/or experience is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
The Foundation offers an excellent employee benefits package and salaries that are commensurate with experience.
Please upload a cover letter, along with your resume, for consideration and indicate your preference for either a part-time or a full-time position. The position will remain open until filled.
The Heising-Simons Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome a diverse pool of applicants and make employment decisions based on merit. Foundation policy prohibits the unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital or caregiver status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition, prior record of arrest or conviction, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants with disabilities may participate in the application process. Please advise, in writing, any special needs at the time of application.