The Manufacturing/Process Engineer will be the frontline technical support for the manufacturing plant by planning, directing, and coordinating manufacturing processes. The Engineer will drive key initiatives of safety, quality, delivery, and cost by utilizing various tools and program available to promote continuous improvements.
- Constantly implement continuous improvement activities that drive waste and cost from the manufacturing processes.
- Implement tools and techniques that mistake proof (Poka-Yoke) operations and increase the quality output of the process.
- Suggest and implement new and advanced processes/equipment to increase safety, quality, and cost.
- Analyze hourly job duties for ergonomic issues.
- Attempt to minimize manual material handling and repetitive motions.
- Support the implementation of Capital Expense's on plan for time and cost.
- Conduct problem solving and documentation through the application of Lean Manufacturing principles and scientific techniques like 6-Sigma.
- Conduct time studies and keep BOM’s and routers accurate and up to date. Use the data to focus activities on areas with the largest financial return.
- Write and implement technical work instructions for complex processes/parts.
- Support the development of timely cost estimates for new business opportunities as needed.
- Participate on Kaizen teams as required.
- Responsible for providing error-free work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of the position.
- Develop professional expertise by maintaining contacts in the industry. Continue to develop depth of knowledge by studying innovations and changes in their specific field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Four years of applicable work experience.
- 2D & 3D CAD experience required.
- Working knowledge of lean principles and of Six Sigma methodology.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and effectively with various members of the organization.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Speak, write, and comprehend conversational English.