This position is for a Senior Systems Engineer in King of Prussia, PA. You will be working closely with a talented team to deliver a complex software application into operations. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to grow and hone your skills with other talented members at Stratagem.
At Stratagem, we create advanced software solutions to support critical aspects of national security. We are solving highly complex problems with a team of fun, uniquely talented engineers that deliver capabilities to make a lasting impact.
Stratagem is a small, high-end software technology company that delivers operational solutions and performs advanced R&D for the DoD and Intelligence Community. We believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, and family. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
Stratagem is hiring exceptional individuals to join our growing team. We look for candidates that are thoughtful and team-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, a high level of creativity, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. We also seek out individuals that are clear communicators and support their teammates with a sense of positivity and open-mindedness.
The annual salary range for this role is $105,000 to $190,000; however, Stratagem considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED **
** TS – SSBI REQUIRED**
Our ideal candidate is a System Engineer who is mission focused and passionate about system architecture, design, specification, evaluation, integration, test, and adaptation. This candidate will be joining our team of distributed engineers to help shape the architecture and requirements of custom applications and advanced R&D solutions for our customers. This candidate will be working in a multi-discipled team alongside developers, UX specialists, testers, and other needed roles.
As System Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Developing high level customer requirements and deriving lower-level function requirements that are integrated into the development team’s software tools to solve a broad set of challenges for our various customers
- Performing requirements management including requirements creation, tracking, flow down, coverage, verification tracking, compliance matrices, etc.
- Developing test procedures to sell of formal verification
- Developing a Concept of Operations that will define and refine system operations
- Guiding and supporting the development, implementation, and verification of mission capabilities
- Utilizing interface control development experience (identification, definition, documentation) to enable multi-disciplinary teams to work in parallel.
- U.S Citizen with a TS/SCI clearance with SSBI
- Effective cross-organizational communicator with the ability to work well in a small team, fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology
- Ability to develop implementation agnostic requirements
- Ability to develop test procedures that verify requirements
- Ability to develop a tracings between requirements, code, and verification
- Ability to define a Concept of Operations
Desired Skills (bonus points)
- Experience with using automated tests to sell of formal requirement verification
- Experience with government Site Acceptance process and procedures
- Experience in working with software-defined interfaces that use either XML or JSON to both document and implement
- Experience with systems that have many externals who migrate to operations on asynchronous schedules and are on different versions of a standard interface
- Experience with SATCOM or GEOINT systems
- Systems Engineering experience on a large government software development contract
- Knowledge and experience with Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software products
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and engage with virtual teams
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with business needs
- Familiarity with Cloud Architectures and deployment requirements for US DoD
- Experience in the operational deployment of multi-product baselines and functionality
- You are the proud owner of a TS/SCI Clearance with SSBI
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.