Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY AN OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR?
Full Time, Exempt
The Office Administrator will play an integral part in ensuring the day-to-day operations of the office are functional and efficient. Because a significant portion of our work happens in the office, you will directly contribute to Alert’s mission and goals by effectively managing the overall maintenance, upkeep, and supplies of the office and team and provide general office support. In order to be successful in this role, you will be responsive, flexible, and proactive about communicating with and determining the needs of the team members.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Joining the Admin Team- we need your help!
- Being part of a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy.
- Contributing to the realization of our mission and changing the way an entire industry operates.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage front office activities, including answering the door, greeting and directing visitors, maintaining the reception area, retrieving and sending mail
- Answer company telephone and re-direct calls to appropriate team members
- Evaluate and purchase office furniture, equipment, etc… as needed
- Monitor and restock office supplies, kitchen supplies, & snacks as needed
FACILITY COORDINATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Coordinate the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, including working with landlord on minor maintenance issues.
- Work with IT to manage office phone and building access technologies
- Oversee cleaning and maintenance of facilities with regular inspections (work performed by contractors).
- Assist with daily lunch catering.
- Supervise maintenance of office equipment, including copiers, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Manage waste reduction, recycling and other improvements.
SAFETY AND OTHER
- Be primary contact to respond to emergency facility issues (ie. fire & security alarms)
- Participate in the safety committee
- Assist Administrative Team (Finance & HR) with filing of documents as needed
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of company events and in special department projects as needed
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5 - 7 years in an Office Administrative position or role with similar responsibilities
- Strong computer skills including a high degree of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Proven customer-service orientation
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal instruction
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with Quikbooks and or HRIS software a plus
- Associates degree or equivalent experience, Bachelor’s degree a plus
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in the company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.