Under general direction, the Site Staff performs, plans, schedules, assigns and evaluates the work involved in various exterior grading and site maintenance areas related to the home construction and development work of Carolina Signature Homes and related entities.
- Organizational skills to schedule, coordinate and effectively manage the lot grading and maintenance requirements for company home construction business.
- Work in conjunction with Project Managers and company management and other subcontractors on all lot grading and maintenance efforts.
- Track and document time and effort spent on assigned tasks.
- Communicate with company management on schedule and issues as needed.
- Operational skills
- Skid steer
- Truck and trailering and transport of equipment
- Small bull dozers
- Compaction equipment
- Various hand and mechanical tools (i.e.; chainsaws)
Lot Specific Tasks
- Rough grade and backfill of foundations and lots to establish proper slopes, elevations and drainage patterns
- Fine grade lots and properties for final grade to within +/-2” of finished grade, ready for landscaping
- Establish appropriate swales, berms, slopes, pitches to provide for proper drainage on lots
- Backfill and compact slabs, porches, garages and other structural areas on homes under construction as needed
- Backfill against driveways, sidewalks and other hardscapes areas as needed
- Install and or supervise the installation of underground drains as needed
- Clean up of construction debris as needed to maintain clean and orderly job sites
- Install construction entrances to individual job sites
- Install and maintain silt fence as needed
- Complete and maintain a variety of records and reports on materials, equipment, service calls and time sheets.
- Make recommendations on the purchase and specifications for major capital equipment
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude in general maintenance service to small machinery and heavy equipment to include but not limited to (changing tires, oil, belts, hoses, etc.) to ensure that equipment is operating with the proper safety components and operating correctly.
- Converse by telephone, email and in person and be clearly understood
- Read and interpret home and landscape construction specifications
- Gather data and prepare reports related to public inquiries, request and personnel matters
- Communicate both orally and in writing to prepare clear and accurate reports, estimates, lead discussions and present to general public, staff and contractors
- Work in a mental and physically challenging environment in various weather conditions
- Operate machines for extended periods of time while sitting or standing
- Walk, stand, crouch, kneel, bend, squat, grasp, and perform repetitive movements for prolonged periods of time
- Safely lift and move materials weighing up to 50 LBS
- Safely drive to various locations throughout the City and County to fulfill assigned duties discussions and present to general public, staff and contractors