The mission of Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha Inc. (APM), a nonprofit IRS 501(c)3 Latino based health, human services and community development organization located at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is to assists families achieve their full potential in life, by empower at-risk families in our community to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their personal potential. Through collaborative programming with health, human services, housing and other community-based organizations. Case management is a collaborative process that assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required to meet an individual’s needs. It uses communication and available resources to promote high quality, cost-effective outcomes. The Case Manager will be responsible to ensure program quality and performance related to recruiting, screening, matching, monitoring, and closing the relationship with each program participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate the process of housing counseling for all the clients that enter the program: Performs face to face housing assessment with all new applicants.
- Conducts client interviews, analyzes client-housing needs and formulates a plan for action with client to achieve and maintain clients permanent housing.
- Along with case managers, determines income eligibility for rental-based subsidy and for waiting list placement.
- Assist Case Manager in gathering documents for rental subsidy certification and recertification.
- Prepares tenant-based calculations worksheet.
- Develops network of real estate agencies.
- Assists client to locate adequate housing units.
- Helps clients negotiate lease with Real Estate agency.
- Maintains data base for rental subsidies.
- Conducts housing inspections of tenant-based rental units prior to client moving in, and as stated in the Housing Counseling Procedure.
- Conducts periodical or as needed home visits of tenant-based rental units paid for by subsidy component.
- Conducts reasonable rental analysis of tenant-based rental units. ? Participates in regular supervisory meetings and in others as needed.
- Writes a weekly scheduled, and updated weekly report, a monthly report, and any documentation as needed.
- Maintains timely and accurate progress notes of each contact with client and others in client’s chart and/or HIMS.
- Attends and participate in appropriate professional training and self-improvement programs.
- Performs other duties, including back-up case management, as assigned