At Clarity, our mission is to deliver quality services by embracing Technology, Innovation and Sincerity and adopting a Simply Smarter approach for service delivery. Under general to close supervision, this position exercises latitude for independent action and discretion supporting all aspects of the SQL Database, related scheduled tasks, integration to multiple platforms, and code development. Projects will span all consumer benefit services (health care and COBRA). Application Developer works collaboratively with internal and certain external customers to deliver quality services within the specified timeline and scope defined.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position resides at Company headquarters. This position will report to the Vice President, Human Resources. The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Proficiency with MS Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook) is required. Experience with Paylocity a plus.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Indicate applicable: Minimal travel to attend training or company meetings may be required.