JOB SUMMARY: The driver will provide safe, dependable transportation and assistance for residents of Episcopal SeniorLife Communities’ housing programs.
SALARY GRADE: $11.45-$13.65
**THIS POSITION IS MONDAY AND THURSDAY FROM 8AM-4PM
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist and transport residents to and from outside activities safely, comfortably and in a timely fashion. Observe speed limits and safe driving practices 100% of the time.
• Assist residents boarding vehicle and escort them to and from buildings as necessary.
• Help check in at office as needed.
• Perform routine pre-checks and maintain vehicles in good and clean condition.
• Inspect and maintain the Pinehurst vehicles so they continue to provide dependable and safe transportation, as well as, be a mobile advertisement worthy of Pinehurst
• Notify director of housing immediately of any vehicle malfunctions and/or problems.
• Address residents by name.
• Exhibit, in conversations and actions, respect for residents and family members at all times.
• Report any unresolved resident issues to the Director.
• Pick up or deliver supplies, as needed.
• Follow ESLC - Pinehurst loading and unloading vehicle procedures
• Report all accidents to Director immediate – verbally and written
• Ensure gas tank is filled and cell phone is charged for next driver
• Comply with all facility in-service requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: Clean driving record. Valid New York State driver’s license with a clean driving record. Must be reliable. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public. This position may/will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
EDUCATION: A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least two years experience providing transportation to groups (i.e. older adults or youth).