JOB SUMMARY: The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the repair, maintenance and preventive maintenance of the buildings, equipment and grounds of the Episcopal SeniorLife Communities.
SALARY RANGE: $11.80-$16.00 ***DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Accept work orders for general repairs and complete them according to priority as
assigned by the Regional Maintenance Manager.
• Consult and ask for assistance from skilled maintenance mechanic or maintenance
Manager when needed.
• Asbestos abatement certification may be required.
• Perform preventive maintenance.
• Assist and service all pre-filters and permanent filters in all filter banks, located in the fan rooms or the buildings, as scheduled.
• Participate in the cleaning of filters in all perimeter heating/air-conditioning, as
• Participate in monthly safety checks and make repairs to the above as assigned.
• Maintain equipment and supplies.
• Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to Regional Maintenance Manager as soon as possible.
• Ensure maintenance supplies, including paint, brushes, rollers, etc., have been
replenished as necessary.
• Ensure that the facility and its equipment is properly maintained for resident comfort,
convenience and safety.
• Required to use of own vehicle to travel between all ESLC facilities. Follows all ESLC driving policies.
• Keep Regional Maintenance Manager informed of supply needs.
• Responsible for physical plant including painting, snow removal, and grounds work.
• Assists with snow removal between resident vehicles as required.
• Operate mechanical equipment in a safe manner.
• Empty outside trash receptacles when necessary.
• Painting offices, resident rooms, other areas as needed.
• Pick up trash on grounds every morning, weather permitting.
• Assist in fire alarm testing.
• Take an active role in fire drills.
• Exhibit knowledge of maintenance, policies and procedures.
• Keep tools and equipment in good repair.
• Attend all staff meetings and in-services as scheduled.
• Comply with facility-required in-services.
• Wear departmental uniform on a daily basis.
• Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS: Able to perform general building repair and maintenance. Knowledgeable in OSHA regulations and state sanitary codes. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalency required. Asbestos Supervisor license required.
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 2 years of building maintenance experience. Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform the duties of the position.