Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest and most comprehensive orthopedic surgery group in Tennessee. Our physicians include nationally and internationally renowned surgeons who provide specialized orthopedic expertise and care. TOA has an immediate opening for an X-Ray Technologist that serve a vital role in the patient care we provide. TOA is committed to helping each of our patients live their best lives, enabling everyone from professional athletes, to weekend sports enthusiasts, to all manner of individuals to return to their normal activities.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Flexible Scheduling - TOA understands the importance of a valued work/life balance.
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
- Perform satisfactory radio graphic procedures as requested by physicians
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and produce quality radio graphs
- Must be able to lift patients, and transport patients via wheelchair and stretcher
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanation of exams; answering patient questions
- Prepares patient for radio graphic procedure by proper patient dressing/ undressing, proper positioning, moving equipment into specified position, and adjusting controls to set exposure factors
- Minimizes radiation to patients and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposures
- Travel to multiple locations to provide x-ray coverage
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate or Associate/Bachelor’s degree in radio logic technology required
- State of Tennessee Medical Board X-ray Operators License required
- ARRT certified
- Significant and successful prior orthopedic x-ray experience is preferred
- Demonstrated willingness to put patients first
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, interacting with physicians, medical assistants, and other essential elements of the clinic environment
- Flexibility, including the ability to consider shifting schedules or locations to meet patient needs
- Positive outlook and energy, and the ability to balance quality with throughput
- Willingness to try new things and grow
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Pride in their work
- College degree is preferred, and high school diploma required