Enjoy working from the comfort of your home! Fully Remote Position!
Skillable is the virtual labs platform built to adapt quickly in the face of constant change. A three-time Inc. 5000 company, Skillable believes validated experiences and challenge-centric learning will transform the way organizations upskill their customers, partners and employees. Industry leaders such as Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Veritas, Global Knowledge and New Horizons trust Skillable’s full stack lab development and hosting platform, generating nearly 5 million lab launches to date in 2021 and more than 20 million lab launches over its tenure.
Skillable is currently seeking an IT Administrator, who will be responsible for managing and supporting our internal employees as it relates to their technology needs. Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization. To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the USA where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.
This role reports to the CFO and is a member of the Platform Technology Team. The Internal IT Administrator is responsible for managing and supporting our internal employees as it relates to their technology needs.
- Administer our Microsoft 365 tenant by creating, updating, and removing users, groups, permissions, and software licenses assignments
- Administer our Microsoft Endpoint Manager Security and Compliance tool for mobile device management
- Manage the procurement, setup and delivery of new hire and current end user laptops and peripherals
- Manage and maintain licenses and subscriptions for all products used by internal employees
- Report on licenses and subscriptions to assist in annual budgeting process
- Build and maintain specialized department laptop disk images to speed in the deployment of new laptops
- Provide technical support within agreed to SLAs for internal end users as tickets are opened
- Collaborate with HR and Security & Compliance on processes, procedures, and requirements
- Communicate, in a timely manner, Internal IT processes and answers to common questions to the entire company through normal communication channels
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Platform Infrastructure
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Successful candidate must be eager to learn the details of our business
· Successful candidate must be flexible with the ability to adapt in a growing organization while undergoing heavy change
· The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be comfortable working closely with technical and business audiences of all levels
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to think independently to resolve complex system issues
· Adhere to organizational processes and procedures
· Exhibit initiative and drive to complete tasks in a timely manner
· Take ownership of assigned responsibilities
· Complete special projects or other duties as assigned
· Contribute to the organization, processes, teams, and product in a significant manner
· Contribute positively to the working environment
· At least 3 years working in an IT environment
· Windows 10 support experience is a requirement
· Office/Microsoft 365 support experience is a requirement
· Mobile device onboarding and setup experience is a requirement
· Home office networking support experience is a requirement (internet, router, wireless AP, etc)
· Experience building workstation images using tools like Clonezilla, Ghost, SmartDeploy, etc.
· Experience in documenting IT process and procedures
· Experience working in a fully remote team is preferred
· Ability to frequently remain in a stationary position.
· Ability to frequently communicate and exchange accurate information.
· Ability to constantly operate equipment such as telephone, computers, etc.
· Ability to travel as needed, to participate in team co-working sessions and offsite meetings, generally three to four times yearly.
· Ability to move equipment, in excess of 5 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Skillable is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers full-time employees a robust benefit package, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Healthcare Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Retirement Savings Plan (100% match of employee 401(k) contributions up to 3% of their compensation, then 50% matching contribution of next 2% of employee's compensation), Wellness Program and reimbursement, Travel Assistance Program, Short-term Disability, Life and AD&D, Accident Recovery, Employee Assistance Program, Long-term Disability, Critical Care, Cancer Care, Hospital Indemnity, Discount Program, Home Office/Communication Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Personal Time, Holidays, Employee Recognition Programs, Company Trips, and even Pet Insurance!