This position is located at our regional office in Washington D.C.
Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing full administrative support to the Executive Vice President, Head of Production and supporting Merchants Capital Washington D.C. Office. A successful Administrative Assistant will allow the EVP and his team to work efficiently and effectively in making and carrying out business decisions and executing on key project deliverables. The ideal person will rely upon outstanding self-starting initiative to observe, analyze and act with little direct supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare correspondence and manage confidential, sensitive information
- Prepare documents, reports and presentation materials
- Coordinate schedules
- Manage project timelines/deadlines and relevant communication
- Arrange travel accommodations as applicable
- Organize and maintain confidential records and files
- Schedule internal and external meetings
- Prepare and distribute agendas and applicable reports for meetings and committees
- Review and edit reports for various committees
- Attend various meetings to take notes and prepare meeting minutes as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must demonstrate the utmost professionalism and confidentiality at all times and in all circumstances
- Requires a minimum of five years’ experience in a substantially similar role and organization
- Requires a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution; prefers an associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills, including via phone, email and in-person
- Must possess strong organizational skills with an ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate an ability to organize and support others in a way that accommodates the other person as an individual
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office products above a basic level
- Requires resiliency, determination and an attitude of humility
The Executive Administrative Assistant position is a full-time, exempt position.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.