Catania Oils is a family owned and operated business that has been around for over 100 years and through four generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic, and environmentally responsible manner. We are looking for passionate individuals who continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration, and teamwork.
We are currently seeking a experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our team and report to the Vice President of Operations.
Position has overall responsibility for procurement and inventory management to meet production requirements and sales forecasts.
Position develops and directs the activities of (1) Inventory Control Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Manage the procurement of all materials used in the production facility.
2. Negotiates and evaluates all vendor procurement contracts and agreements.
3. Source and visit new vendors when needed to secure quality materials.
4. Develops and implements company purchasing policy and procedures.
5. Recommends and leads projects creating efficiencies in procurement of supplies and inventory management.
6. Establishes inventory levels (min/max) that meet the supply and demand of production requirements and sales forecasts.
7. Develops and implements cost effective and efficient strategic procurement to improve customer service levels.
8. Develops Key metrics, KPI’s for department and reports results to VP of Finance.
9. Provides new product development support in area of responsibility.
10. Develops, directs, and coaches’ direct reports in a team based environment.
11. Recommends cost reduction programs that meet the company’s standards and objectives.
12. Assist with driving inventory accuracy through cycle count programs.
13. Ensures proper safety, HACCP and GMP compliance with all Supply Chain activities.
14. Prepares annual procurement department budget.
15. Participates and supports the operation’s SQF, HACCP & GMP Programs
16. Projects and other duties may be assigned.
17. Maintains all product safety guidelines.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 7+ years related work experience and/or a combination of relevant work experience and education.
2. Progressive managerial experience.
3. Experience with inventory management (ERP) systems.
4. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated effective organizational and time management skills; ability to set goals and standards; ability to problem solve and think analytically.
5. Demonstrated ability to interact and build credibility with different department functional teams
6. Proficient in a Windows environment with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook programs.