Our ideal candidate is a Chief Engineer who is mission focused and passionate about providing technical leadership in architecture definition and trades, requirements analysis, CONOPs, algorithms, interface definition, software design, integration, validation, and verification to multiple programs. This candidate will be joining our team of distributed engineers to help shape the development and delivery of custom applications and advanced R&D solutions for our customers.
As Chief Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Guiding and directing engineering teams to achieve program and technical success through the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Applying technical knowledge to determine and set technical objectives to analyze, investigate, and resolve advanced engineering problems
- Evaluating the integration of the engineering solution development, documentation, and deployment
- Communicating risks or issues involving system performance, availability, or security to program leadership and the customer
At Stratagem, we create advanced software solutions to support critical aspects of national security. We are solving highly complex problems with a team of fun, uniquely talented engineers that deliver capabilities to make a lasting impact.
Stratagem is a small, high-end software technology company that delivers operational solutions and performs advanced R&D for the DoD and Intelligence Community. We believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, and family. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life.
Stratagem is hiring exceptional individuals to join our growing team. We look for candidates that are thoughtful and team-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, a high level of creativity, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. We also seek out individuals that are clear communicators and support their teammates with a sense of positivity and open-mindedness.
The annual base salary range for this position is $115K - $200K. Please note that the salary range is a general guideline only. The many factors that are included for consideration include, but are not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education, training, certifications, key skills, and mission/customer intimacy. These factors are combined with market and business considerations to extend a job offer.
** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED **
** TS – SSBI REQUIRED**
- U.S Citizen with a TS/SCI clearance with SSBI
- Proven track record of providing technical leadership for a 20+ person team throughout the whole software development lifecycle and transitioning capabilities into a classified government operations environment
- Effective cross-organizational communicator with the ability to work well on a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of leading Agile software and systems engineering efforts across the entire lifecycle including operational analysis, requirements generation, design, configuration and integration, testing, requirement verification and demonstration with the end user and customer
- Proven track record of successfully deploying new capabilities into a classified government operational environment
- Demonstrated experience working projects across dispersed organizations and geographical locations
- 10-15 years of experience overseeing the development of systems to ensure they meet client needs and preferences
Desired Skills (bonus points)
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and engage with virtual teams
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with business needs
- Experience with the government site acceptance process
- Experience with Line-of-Site and Beyond Line-of-Site Communication Systems
- Familiarity with Cloud Architectures and deployment requirements for US DoD
- Familiarity with using AWS cloud computing resources such as EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.
- Experience in the operational deployment of multi-product baselines and functionality
- Experience in application deployment, virtualization, and containerization
- Experience with NRO Site Integration Standards (NSIS)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.