The Transaction Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the real estate acquisition and disposition process for MLG and its affiliates. This permanent full-time position will report to the Transaction Manager and offers an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is a motivated, organized, and a process-oriented person by nature. This position will require a positive attitude and an ability to thrive in a collaborative office environment. Additionally, this role requires an individual who is trustworthy, service minded, and focused on building processes that ensure accurate, timely, and consistent work product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and assist internal departments in all aspects of real estate transaction from execution of purchase/sale agreement to closing.
• Create and update deal checklist and contact lists. Coordinate the delegation of duties with internal team members.
• Attend weekly due diligence meetings and schedule individual deal meetings when necessary.
• Create and maintain agendas for weekly due diligence meetings and other deal meetings.
• Coordinate title/escrow, third party reports (PCA, Zoning, Environmental, and Survey) and other due diligence items.
• Assist deal attorney with title and survey review, if requested.
• Maintain a post-closing item tracker and coordinate the completion of all post-closing items.
• Assist the property management team with property management transitions after purchase or sale.
• Draft standardized legal documents off of pre-approved forms
• Assist with the drafting and compiling of Fund disclosure materials including Disclosure Letters and the quarterly PPM Supplements for legal review.
• Cultivate strong relationships with internal associates including key executives, Legal, Deal Team, Asset Management and Accounting.
• Ad hoc projects, reports and other functions as assigned.
• Minimum of 1-3 years prior experience in real estate, legal, and finance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills. A detailed and process-oriented self-starter.
• Ability to work on a team, as well as independently, while driving multiple priorities and applying good judgement along with strong sense of self-motivation and direction.
• Smart, energetic, team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
• Strong interest in a real estate and real estate investment.
• Familiarity with the real estate closing process.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent from an accredited University
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Teams, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Smartsheet, Docusign and PowerPoint
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate office machinery; including but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, and mobile phone.
At MLG Capital, we take a meticulous and tailored approach to our investments, maximizing our investor and partner wealth through a diversified, team-led approach. We know success starts with our clients—and we don’t reach success until they do. For more than 34 years, our core focus has been preserving our investors’ wealth and producing exceptional income and appreciation over time through investment in private real estate. Since the inception of MLG Capital in 1987, we’ve had active, exited, or pending investments of approximately 27.5 million total square feet across the United States, inclusive of approximately 22,700 multifamily units, with exited and estimated current value exceeding $3.1 billion* across the United States.
Driven by our motto of “making a difference while making a living,” we strive to create an environment where our employees are encouraged, challenged, and supported to contribute directly to the company’s overall growth. Our current team (comprised of both MLG Capital and related business entities) encompasses approximately 450 team members, of which approximately 65 specifically service MLG Capital. We function via 3 core locations: our corporate headquarters in Brookfield, WI, and satellite offices in Sarasota, FL and Dallas, TX.
MLG Capital has been a proud recipient of numerous awards. Most recently, we’ve received 2019 Top Workplaces, 2019 Milwaukee Coolest Office Space and 2020 Best Places to Work and our CEO, Tim Wallen was recognized as one of 2021’s Best Bosses.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, a “reasonable accommodation” will be made for an individual with a known physical or mental limitation unless it would require an action of significant difficult causing undue hardship.
This document covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
*As of 6/30/21, for valuation purposes, sold properties are valued at actual sales price. For active and pending investments, the Estimated Current Value is based on the Managing Member’s estimate of current value. Recent acquisitions are generally valued at the acquisition price.