ABC Home & Commercial Services is independently owned and offers residential and commercial services, specializing in all types of insect, termite, rodent and bird control; lawn services; and air conditioning and heating, plumbing, electrical, and handyman services. At ABC, we believe in building long-term, trusting relationships with customers and with our employees. Our Handyman Specialists have exceptional customer service skills and provide great service to all of our customers. This position requires the ability to be analytical, patient, conscientious, skill based, approachable and a cooperative team worker.
Handyman / Carpenter Experience:
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in all aspects of general home maintenance, repair and light remodeling
- Knowledge of Paint, drywall, tile, carpentry and general handyman experience required
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Good driving record and ability to operate company vehicle within company guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Some construction knowledge is preferred.
- Demonstrate a high level of mental aptitude and physical ability.
- High proficiency with emailing, texting and use of various electronic devices and applications for effective communication/information sharing.
- Ability to prioritize work load, work under pressure and handle irate customers and still maintain good composure.
- Must understand units of measure, litters, meters, inches, etc. and basic math skills.
- Dependable and self-motivated with desire to work year-round.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WITH OR WITHOUT ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ability to walk for long periods of time in extreme temperatures including outdoors.
- Able to climb in attics, under houses and in box trucks.
- Able to lift 75 lbs. or more.
- Capable of safely handling extension, step and other types of ladders (including removal from, and replacement to, service vehicle roof top).
- Climb ladder up to 40 feet in height.
- Required ability to walk on roofs of different types, shapes and slopes.
- Repetitive lifting, twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, kneeling and digging required.
- Handles power tools, drills, table saws, power cutters, hammers, etc.
- Wear respirator in accordance with OSHA requirements
Handyman / Carpenter Benefits:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- One of the best 401k in the industry
- Paid Time Off
- Company Vehicle & Gas Card