Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s therapies? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a focus on cancer and genetically-validated targets in other disease areas with unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new therapies to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA (“rSM”). By targeting distinct RNA structure/function relationships, Arrakis is generating drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
The Director, Information Technology will play a critical role in managing all supported infrastructure and software, enabling business functions and related business processes across the company. This key hire will support the daily operations, while also developing a strategic IT roadmap for the company that is integrated, cost-effective, and secure.
As the first hire in Information Technology, the Director will leverage deep knowledge of technology and its impact on science, strategy, processes, and practices. This will help drive innovative science to deliver novel therapeutics to patients, which will allow this hire to have a major impact on our mission.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment, leveraging a high degree of integrity, creativity and innovation.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop, support, and align Information Technology strategy and plan (roadmap).
- Serve as technology Thought Leader, responsible for proposing, planning, overseeing and tracking technology projects to enable our efforts. Provide leadership, vision and direction.
- Determine IT needs, propose strategic solutions and recommend new systems and software.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to define business needs, system requirements, and timelines for future system enhancements and implementations to support organizational growth.
- Accountable for continuous operation and maintenance of IT systems and associated site infrastructure.
- Oversee the integration and maintenance of cloud infrastructure for scientific computing.
- Oversee vendor-managed services and strike a balance between outsourcing and internalizing functions. Build strategic partnerships with key technology vendors and service providers to implement and support systems.
- Identify key technology trends and how new technologies might be leveraged to provide better solutions.
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field.
- 10+ years of related experience; biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Deep experience and working knowledge of IT systems, networks, operations, cloud-based systems, security, and development.
- Ability to work with computational scientists to support systems for chemistry, biology, and data science applications.
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally, building collaborative working relationships and interfacing effectively with all levels of the business.
- Strong leadership, influencing, project management, negotiation and planning skills.
- Ability to inspire trust, respect, credibility and confidence of peers and colleagues.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to present complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and to cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work environment.