Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth, Inscripta is seeking a Senior Scientist to develop the next generation of DNA editing tools. This position is located at our Pleasanton, California office.
We are looking for an exceptional Sr. Scientist to drive assay development for CRISPR-based DNA editing projects. Essential aspects of this position include: demonstrated project leadership, prolific innovation, superior experimental design & execution, thorough data analysis, and robust protocol development. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their experience, curiosity, and creativity to build industry-leading molecular biology and genetic-engineering tools in a highly innovative, team-oriented, fast-paced R&D environment.
- Lead the design and development of robust assays having simple, automation-compatible workflows.
- Work collaboratively with biochemists, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, and engineers to identify and build impactful biological tools that propel genome engineering.
- Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments that efficiently test novel technologies.
- Conduct detailed data analysis, use bioinformatic pipelines, & provide data-driven recommendations.
- Transfer new methodologies and assays from R&D to Systems-Integration and Manufacturing.
- Provide clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline
- At least 6 or more years of hands-on (wet lab) experience with assay development, validation, troubleshooting, and data analysis & reporting
- Direct experience with: PCR, qPCR, NGS, oligo design, nucleic acid purification, and microbe manipulation
- Demonstrated record of innovation in biochemistry or molecular biology
- Strong organizational skills, excellent leadership and people skills, and proven ability to work collaboratively with others in a highly matrixed environment.
- Exceptional data analysis skills combined with strong logical thinking ability
- Familiarity with: NGS, sequencing library preparation, and other genomic platforms
- Strong desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to work determinedly in a fast-paced startup environment
- Familiarity with at least one programming or scripting language such as R or Python
- Experience with genome engineering techniques and methods, Gibson optimization, molecular cloning, transformation, transfection, and cell culture
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with rapidly expanding additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego California. This position is located in our Pleasanton, CA location.