Engages former students and A&M Clubs through communication and programming to increase engagement and participation in the worldwide Aggie Network and local communities. Identifies areas in which A&M Clubs do not exist and initiates formation of a new Club or Muster Club/Group.
Essential Functions: Promotes and maintains regular communications to former students through various A&M Club and Association Programs to extend the reach and impact of the Aggie Network.
- Responsible for annual re-chartering of A&M Clubs that are on a Muster year calendar.
- Builds relationships with Aggies through extensive travel to A&M Clubs, initiating at least 15 unique touch points with Club leadership each month.
- Collaborating with the other Coordinator of Club Programs, represents The Association of Former Students at A&M Club meetings and events as appropriate.
- Collaborates with A&M Clubs to increase membership and support of both the Clubs and The Association of Former Students.
- Communicates news of relevant Association events to A&M Clubs.
- Speaks on behalf of The Association at A&M Club, board and officer meetings.
- Monitors and responds to Clubs@AggieNetwork.com emails on a daily basis.
- Identifies areas of prospective A&M Clubs, initiates communication with Aggies in the area and completes the chartering process for those who qualify.
- Builds and sends A&M Club communications, Club President’s newsletters/ communications and Gold Club newsletters through Emma/Salesforce.
- Maintains detailed Club Programs reporting to include, but not limited to: volunteer training progress, Club classifications, travel logs and Club visits.
- Submits Club-related news to Communications team for consideration in Texas Aggie, AggieNews and on The Association’s social media accounts.
- Monitors and maintains A&M Club social media pages.
- Updates A&M Club status in Association database as appropriate on a timely basis.
- Assists as needed in the planning and coordination of Musters worldwide.
- Assists as needed in monitoring the Muster@AggieNetwork.com email inbox and responding as appropriate.
- Assists as needed in the planning and coordination of the Coach's Night Tour and attends each of these events unless there is another major A&M Club function The Association needs representation at.
- Assists in connecting Association staff and leadership with Club leadership as needed.
Collaborates with the Events Team and Yell Leaders on all away and bowl game activities to include All-Aggie Tailgate and Yell Practice.
- Interfaces with Yell Leader advisor and Yell Leaders to plan away game Yell Practices.
- Collaborating with the Events team, takes the lead on identifying Yell Practice locations and securing venue, AV and security contracts to pass on for review by Events team.
- Creates and sends All-Aggie Tailgate communications through Emma/Salesforce and keeps webpages updated as appropriate for all away and bowl games.
- Collaborating with the Events team, takes the lead on purchasing routine non-consumable tailgate supplies to include, but not limited to: paper goods, wristbands, etc.
- Monitors and restocks non-consumable All-Aggie Tailgate inventory as needed.
- Picks up all sponsored items (i.e. sausage, beer, etc.) prior to departing for All-Aggie Tailgate.
- Collaborating with the Events team, creates the detailed travel/event itinerary.
- Collaborating with the Events team, takes the lead on creating the packing list for each away game in accordance with the Events team’s needs for event layout for each tailgate.
- Takes the lead on packing and unpacking the Gig ‘Em Rig and staff vehicles for each away game, scheduling staff to assist as appropriate.
- Creates registration pages in Eventbrite for each All-Aggie Tailgate, monitors registration and responds to guest questions.
- Communicates with local A&M Clubs to solicit and secure volunteers to assist with All-Aggie Tailgates, creates the Club volunteer schedule as appropriate, responds to Club questions, and trains, directs, interfaces with Club volunteers at each tailgate.
- Reserves hotel rooms for Association staff for travel to/from each away game and bowl game as appropriate.
- Coordinates Yell Leaders’ away game and bowl game hotel reservations with advisor as needed; either makes hotel reservations for Yell Leaders or immediately processes invoice if they make their own lodging arrangements.
- Collaborating with the Events team, takes the lead in working with the Graphics team to create appropriate signage for the All-Aggie Tailgates based on Events team’s tailgate layout.
Collaborates with local A&M Clubs and President’s Office to plan and execute the annual President’s Night/Lunch events.
- Serves as the liaison between the Club and Texas A&M’s President’s Office to secure dates and coordinate event details/attendees.
- Schedules Association staff to attend each President’s Night/Lunch as appropriate and coordinates all travel details to include event supplies.
Creates and delivers appropriate trainings for Club Presidents.
- Creates and implements Club President trainings in Bridge, with volunteer trainings to be completed on an annual basis. Trainings must be reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
- Ensures Club Presidents complete annual trainings and follow expectations in The Association’s Bylaws to attend at least one Leadership Council meeting each year and contributes annually to the Annual Fund.
With other Coordinator of Club Programs, co-develops: 1) monthly training opportunities for Club Presidents via Zoom to be offered to all A&M Club Presidents, and 2) Club President trainings at Volunteer Leadership Workshop.
- Creates monthly training calendar as well as content for each monthly training.
- Communicates monthly training opportunities to all Club Presidents at least two (2) months in advance of each scheduled monthly training.
- Maintains record of monthly trainings and Clubs who participated in each session and submits to Director of Former Student Programs on a quarterly basis.
- Develops content for Club President training(s) at annual Volunteer Leadership Workshop, leading session(s) as appropriate.
Contributes to Former Student Programs events and activities, which includes:
- Provides on-site support for Former Student Programs meetings and events, to include but not limited to: Coach’s Nights, Class Reunions, Constituent Network activities, Young Alumni events and meetings and Traveling Aggies Reunion.
- Serves as a staff co-liaison to the Clubs Committee of the Young Alumni Advisory Council.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to: All-Aggie Grad Party, Aggie Ring Day, Distinguished Alumni Gala and All-Aggie Hullaballoo, as needed.
- Represents The Association as needed at events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Director of Former Student Programs.
Given: Student Worker.
Required: Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Required: 1-2 years of professional experience.
Preferred: 3-5 years of professional experience. Experience with volunteer management.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Ability to move and carry objects up to 75 pounds. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive on business trips. Ability to work nights and weekends, particularly during football season. Ability to stand/move around quickly for long periods of time when needed at events.
Required: Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills. Excellent public speaking skills. Ability to work independently in an ever-changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines. Effective time management skills. Ability to develop long-lasting and professional relationships. Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Advanced software skills, including MS Word, Excel and Google Suite to perform administrative duties as required in maintaining communications, databases and spreadsheets.
Required: Must be able to work irregular and extended hours, including many nights and weekends as well as some holidays. Extremely detail oriented. Professional attire and behavior. Outgoing personality with a positive and friendly attitude. Ability to interact with former students of all generations. Ability to handle multiple projects; flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing situations and problem solving with a positive attitude. Ability to derive solutions to unexpected last-minute challenges. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Work well independently as well as with a high-functioning team.
Preferred: Experience with and working knowledge of hauling a cargo trailer.