The Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center (CCCC) and Oak View Group Facilities are looking for a full time Accounting Coordinator to support the administrative management of the CCCC. This position will assist the CCCC Business Manager, is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of financial and accounting activities within the Oak View Group accounting software, payroll system and processing at the CCCC, provide primary processing of the CCCC business unit payables, direct bill production, event settlement statements and billing and general administrative functions as part of the administrative management team. This position will also be responsible for weekly operations for two time keeping systems.
This role reports to the CCCC Assistant General Manager. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, proactive driven and collaborative professional responsible in part for maintaining the financial infrastructure.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Support facility goals and implement priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll.
- Using OVG’s NetSuite accounting software, enter information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate.
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, and route to the appropriate individual for review and approval.
- Filing of accounting support documentation in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing parking cash banks.
- Process cash receipts and perform related tasks, including recording and making daily deposits. Record all ACH, Wire and check payments daily and timely.
- Review incoming vendor invoices, code accurately and enter in NetSuite system.
- Responsible for the payable function and entering approved invoices for payment for weekly check run.
- Process Bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform account reconciliations, analyze, and report discrepancies.
- Work with members of the management team to compile, analyze, and report financial data.
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting, serving as a liaison between accounting and external parties, including clients, suppliers, and lenders.
- Assists with the preparation of financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, and annual budget.
- Support month end close, as needed – i.e., reconciliation of bank accounts, payment of taxes, etc.
- Research inquiries and questions promptly.
- Prepare reports as requested by Accounting lead.
- Assists with and/or prepares event settlements.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting and/or bookkeeping management
- The ability to work nights, weekends and holidays if required.
- Experience with Paylocity payroll, and NetSuite strongly preferred.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines.
- Be a business partner with other departments ensuring financial success of the venue.
- Knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via radio/walkie, telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center and Oak View Group do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.