Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Will have primary responsibility for providing skilled electrical and mechanical maintenance support to the Lexington Center building complex, Mall, Opera House and performing basic to complex electrical installations and wiring for events and trade shows. light/moderate plumbing, general building repair and maintenance, preventive maintenance and repair on machinery and refrigeration equipment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine to complex electrical installations such as electrical wiring for trade shows.
- Responsible for light to moderate plumbing installation and repair.
- Designs and fabricates parts needed in the repair and maintenance of doors, etc.
- Implements electrical wiring, cutting, bending and installation of metal conduit.
- Performs preventive maintenance/repair on building machinery and refrigeration equipment, which also includes cleaning of equipment and the equipment room.
- Executes installation, replacement and repair of the building’s plumbing system i.e., pipes, sinks, faucets handles and restroom commodes, etc.
- Answers questions and provides technical assistance to vendors and clients prior to and during trade show setups.
- Assists and provides backup support for the HVAC staff.
- Maintains and repairs concessions refrigeration equipment.
- Works on minor carpentry, painting light bulb replacement and other special projects.
Additional/Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains various department files and records to ensure consistency and correctness of information.
- Special projects as needed or requested.
- Attends training seminars and programs to stay abreast of the latest HVAC techniques, maintenance procedures, new equipment, chemicals, etc.
- Electrical/Mechanical Building Maintenance.
- Three (3) or more years of related experience performing Electrical/Mechanical tasks or activities related to and required in the operation of an Arena or Convention Center complex.
- Must have working knowledge of Electrical/Mechanical procedures methods, practices, tools and equipment.
- Must be able to read electrical, mechanical and building blueprints.
- Must have a working knowledge of pneumatics and pneumatic systems.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills, the ability to maintain daily work records of job assignments in progress and those completed for weekly labor reports.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well under stress, exercise good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and tact.
- Knowledge of Electrical/Mechanical equipment, tools and supplies.
- The ability to operate a forklift and other service vehicles (pick-up truck, van, etc.)
- Requires a full range of body motions including seeing and hearing to normal range.
- Job requires routine standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing and visually checking work assignments in progress and those that have been completed.
- Occasionally must lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently works under stressful working conditions, irregular hours and tight time deadlines.
- Working is performed in an enclosed building environment with occasional exposure to the outside elements.
- Valid driver's license
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.