ACE Group is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on their lethality and survivability in the Battlespace. Our employees draw from a wealth of personal, professional and company experience to provide our Nation’s decision makers with the knowledge required to optimally equip our Armed Services with affordable, lethal and survivable weapons systems.
We serve as our customers’ most trusted agents in their goal of producing enterprise-wide survivability investments and executable programs. We fill key roles within customer offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, and test and evaluation of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that with those satisfied employees and satisfied customers, the business will take care of itself.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Mission Planning Lead will oversee the technical and engineering effort related mission planning and data loading for several USN weapons systems. The Mission Planning Lead will assist the Aircraft Integration Lead in documenting aircraft-to-weapon integration requirements, aircraft-to-weapon interface documentation, and monitoring development of aircraft-to-weapon interfaces. The Mission Planning Lead will liaise with the aircraft mission planning leads and Joint Mission Planning System Mission Planning Environment Leads to coordinate schedules for delivery of software to support weapon test events. The Mission Planning Lead will provide requirements and inputs to designs for advanced mission planning tools under development by the Office of Naval Research and NAWCWD., and provide mission planning advocacy for weapons-related demonstrations by the Strategic Capabilities Office. The Mission Planning Lead must have a solid working knowledge of the Joint Mission Planning System, and the processes and procedures used by NAVAIR program management offices to develop, integrate, test, and release an aircraft Mission Planning Environment. A working understanding of the Next Generation Naval Mission Planning System is necessary to prepare for and manage the transition of mission planning capabilities to this new mission planning solution. The Mission Planning Lead shall possess experience with NAVAIR weapons and/or aircraft system development.
The candidate must be an experienced systems engineering professional that is highly-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The candidate will work closely with other engineers and scientists to solve complex technical problems. The candidate must be a team-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task, communicate effectively, resolve conflict in a constructive manner, and produce quality products efficiently.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Administer and lead technical interchange meetings, working groups and design reviews
- Monitor contractor and vendor performance relative to program milestones and assess timeliness of deliverables and conformance to requirements
- Provide cost and schedule estimates for USG field activity Work Authorization Agreements, and provide inputs to contract documents, including Statements of Work, performance specifications, and Contract Data Requirements Lists
- Provide software development direction as required, ensure mission planning tools and data are available to support Test and Evaluation events, and coordinate the development and validation of mission plans for these events
- Resolve issues, tasks and action items; manage, archive and organize program-related engineering information and documentation; and utilize joint Contractor / Government best practices to vet and resolve software engineering challenges with program management and logistics personnel
- Provide support for requirements management by researching, analyzing, collecting and developing presentations to support the development of the technical requirements for air platforms, weapon systems and related subsystems.
- Provide system engineering expertise on system architecture, interface, and integration management
- Conduct independent technical review of program documentation, contract documentation, and contractor proposals
- Other technical and administrative tasks as required by the government engineering team
MINIMUM TANGIBLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 10 years of recent experience and relevant experience, 3 of which must be related to performing Systems Engineering functions in support of Naval Aviation, to include the Systems Engineering milestones and reviews of the Acquisition process and the associated documentation.
- MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline. A BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline AND an additional 4 years of recent and relevant experience (totaling 14) may be substituted for an MS or MA degree.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; U.S. citizenship.
- Recent and relevant experience science, technology, and/or engineering aircraft programs.
- Experience with NAVAIR Acquisition and Systems Engineering practices
- Experience with NAVAIR weapon system development and support
- Experience with NAVAIR FMS practice
- Experience working with Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) and/or Next Generation Mission Planning (NOMS)
- Top Secret security clearance
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACE Consulting Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.