Who We Are
Lohman Company, PLLC is a Certified Public Accounting & Professional Services firm established in 2000 and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona. We have world-class accounting expertise with a friendly approachable style.
A few of our company’s highlights:
· Named a 2022 Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal
· Ranked a Top 25 firm for 18 consecutive years by the Phoenix Business Journal
· Voted #1 with Ranking Arizona in 2020, 2021, and 2022
What We Stand For
Our core principles of Relationships, Integrity, Service, and Expertise (RISE) underpin all we do. We deliver a personalized, caring approach to each relationship, operate with high integrity, and strive to do the right thing for our clients, team members, and community.
· Flexibility – because we believe it improves productivity and supports work/life balance.
· Legit Time Off – because we believe true disconnection is important to your health.
· Professional Development – because we embrace each team members’ desire to grow and encourage all to carve out their path to success.
· Culture – because we are friendly, fun, relaxed, and focused on relationships.
· Benefits – because we want our team to be taken care of. Generous is an understatement for our benefits package. No medical premiums for employee coverage!
We are seeking motivated professionals to join our Assurance team as an Assurance Supervisor. This position takes direction from Assurance Management. Responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, and special projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Directs and supervises the work of Associates and Senior Associates
- Follows up with clients to obtain open items
- Understanding of GAAP and GAAS requirements and communicates them to Associates and Senior Associates
- Identify, discuss and document significant accounting or engagement issues
- Takes responsibility for clearing open items relating to the entire engagement
- Completion of control deficiency and management suggestion letters
- Provide detailed facts and analyses regarding complex engagement issues to supervising team member for consideration during the decision-making process and understands the theory behind a position taken on an engagement issue
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business and industry and client-specific practices and accounting
- Lead in meeting client commitments
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, or equivalent degree required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree (Master's in Accounting), preferred
- Licensed CPA is preferred, or actively pursuing CPA certification
- Four (4) or more years of experience in public accounting, including one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and GAAS requirements
- Knowledge of complex financial reporting and disclosures
- Experience with PPC audit methodology, preferred
- Experience with ProSystem Engagement, preferred
- Ability to work in fixed asset software programs
- Experience with online research tools