Lohman Company, PLLC is a Certified Public Accounting & Professional Services firm established in 2000 and is headquartered in Mesa, Arizona. Ranked a Top 25 firm for 18 consecutive years by the Phoenix Business Journal and voted #1 with Ranking Arizona in 2020, 2021, and 2022. We serve local clients as well as a growing number of companies across the United States with multi-state and international holdings.
The core principles of Relationships, Integrity, Service, and Expertise (RISE) underpin all we do. We deliver a personalized, caring approach to each engagement, operate with high integrity, and strive to do the right thing for our clients, employees, and community. Not to brag, but the tenure of our team is unprecedented in CPA firms of our size!
We embrace our team members’ individual priorities and goals and encourage them to carve out their own path to success. If you appreciate a friendly and fun work environment that is focused on relationships, we’re for you!
Lohman Company offers:
- Actual work-life balance
- Diverse projects and client engagements
- A generous benefits package
- Professional development
- Community and professional memberships
- Relaxed, friendly, and positive culture
We are seeking motivated professionals to join our Assurance team as an Assurance Supervisor. This position takes direction from Assurance Management. Responsibilities include overseeing the day to day activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, and special projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Directs and supervises the work of Associates and Senior Associates
- Follows up with clients to obtain open items
- Understanding of GAAP and GAAS requirements and communicates them to Associates and Senior Associates
- Identify, discuss and document significant accounting or engagement issues
- Takes responsibility for clearing open items relating to the entire engagement
- Completion of control deficiency and management suggestion letters
- Provide detailed facts and analyses regarding complex engagement issues to supervising team member for consideration during the decision-making process and understands the theory behind a position taken on an engagement issue
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business and industry and client-specific practices and accounting
- Lead in meeting client commitments
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, or equivalent degree required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree (Master's in Accounting), preferred
- Licensed CPA is preferred, or actively pursuing CPA certification
- Four (4) or more years of experience in public accounting, including one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and GAAS requirements
- Knowledge of complex financial reporting and disclosures
- Experience with PPC audit methodology, preferred
- Experience with ProSystem Engagement, preferred
- Ability to work in fixed asset software programs
- Experience with online research tools