The Test and Validation Engineer is responsible for developing, directing and executing tests and test plans for our airflow and thermal management product line around the world.
- Material and product testing: Develop, create and modify tests and test plans for materials, elements, components, subassemblies, assemblies, and manufacturing processes. Assures engineering standards and guidelines are applied correctly.
- Design: Work directly with design engineers to specify, design, and lead the execution of testing and validation solutions for our products.
- Concept verification: Validates designs and elements of designs via testing solutions.
- Design verification/validation: Proves the design meets specifications and customer expectations through creation and execution of tests and test plans, documents results in test reports.
- Problem solving: Provide technical leadership and support team through systematic problem solving. Troubleshooting of design issues during development or manufacturing using applicable methodologies and testing.
- Estimation and Reporting: Provides estimates for testing, monitors and reports own progress
- Coaching: Provides professional support and guidance to colleagues on a regular basis in order to contribute to the development of their knowledge, skills and quality of work.
- Subject matter expert: Expand expertise in state-of-the-art engineering, testing and validation methods and innovations in testing through technical journals, seminars, advance degree programs, etc.
- Discusses progress and barriers of own activities with internal stakeholders (design engineer, validation manager).
- Discusses with team members on a regular basis.
- Disseminate comprehensive knowledge of engineering concepts, practices, and procedures driving the completion of complex product development assignments
- Work directly with global automotive OEMs to specify, design, and lead the implementation of testing solutions for their products.
- Comprehensive health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc) for positions of 30 hours or more per week
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contribution
- Company provided Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Spousal Life, Child Life, Critical Illness, Accident, and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with matching contribution that is fully vested from day 1
- Generous amount of PTO, plus 14 paid Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunity
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or closely related engineering field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in product validation
- Proficiency in solid modeling required, knowledge of Solidworks required
- Technical aptitude in the development of powertrain related testing and validation, preferably on engine air handling systems
- Experience in the automotive industry or similar field adhering to ISO/IATF requirements, using phased gate development procedures, and process in accordance with APQP/VDA standards
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Commercial mindset
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Data driven ability to make timely decisions
- Knowledge and understanding of 8D, A3, Fishbone Diagram and Why-Why problem-solving processes is required.