Title: Campaign Manager
Salary: $6,000 / month
Benefits: Stipend toward benefits costs during training, then eligible to enroll in medical/dental/vision
Blue Leadership Collaborative recruits, retains, and develops diverse campaign leaders, with a focus on women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We work with state legislative caucuses around the country to place Campaign Managers on competitive, must-win races.
For individuals in the program, Blue Leadership Collaborative provides:
- Full-time employment with competitive salary, benefits, and other financial support
- Intensive and intentional training and leadership development, ongoing throughout the program
- Support and coaching during your campaign journey
We are currently looking for a highly selective group of leaders with campaign experience who are interested in campaign management and committed to the career path long-term. We will employ them full time starting in winter 2022, and they will undergo 4 weeks of intensive training designed to prepare them to manage. We’ll work in partnership with state caucuses around the country to place them as Campaign Managers on 2022 state legislative campaigns. Finally, we’ll leverage our partnerships across Democratic politics to get them manager jobs in the 2024 cycle and beyond.
NOTE: You may or may not believe you’re “ready” for campaign management this next year. Don’t let this stop you from applying!
- Participate in Blue Leadership Collaborative’s 4-week intensive training prior to starting in the Campaign Manager role, and ongoing trainings throughout the year
- Oversee all aspects of the campaign from the early stages through the election. This may mean taking on roles outside the Campaign Manager, especially before there is a team or role hired.
- Manage a candidate and their schedule, ensuring focus on the goals of the campaign
- Create and manage the campaign’s budget and cash flow
- Design and implement the campaign’s fundraising operation
- Hire, develop, and manage staff
- Work closely in partnership with campaign consultants and other stakeholders (e.g. Democratic Caucus, various partners). Ensure consistent communication amongst teams.
- Experience working on a Democratic political campaign as full-time paid staff member for at least 2 campaign cycles, OR one campaign cycle with equivalent additional experience in the political, government, or C3/C4 space.
- Commitment to managing a campaign through this program for the entirety of 2022
- Commitment to campaign management for multiple cycles
- Must have at least one of the following:
- At least 1 year of experience working with principals
- At least 1 year of experience managing or working with a budget
- At least 1 year of experience managing staff
- Ability to build trust and rapport quickly with principals and key stakeholders
- Experience navigating through difficult situations or conversations
- Problem-solving skills
- Cultural competence, as well as the ability to adapt to different environments and cultures
- Willingness to relocate to any of the following regions of the country to run a campaign: Northeast, Midwest, South or Sun Belt. Please note this will be based on where you are matched, and you must be open to moving to anywhere. Blue Leadership Collaborative does provide a moving stipend.
- Access to a car for necessary campaign and/or candidate travel and transport
- Full commitment to program through end of year 2022
Preferred (but not required) skills:
- Experience managing a principal, candidate, or other person in leadership
- Staff management experience
- Finance experience
- Has managed a campaign before, at any level
- Experience working with partners and/or coalition building
- Experience creating and implementing metric-driven plans
Interviews for the program will begin in early January 2022.
APPLICATION CLOSES: 1/10/2022
Blue Leadership Collaborative, DigiDems, and Zinc Collective provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, hair texture, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and strongly encourages women, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC and all qualified candidates to apply. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.