Under general supervision and following established guidelines and procedures as well as all applicable banking laws and regulations, including BSA and AML, the Private Banker is responsible for providing client support and service and developing client relationships. Supports Market President and Market Development whose goal is to grow a portfolio of loans and deposits in a risk appropriate manner.
- Client Service: Ensures the delivery of defect free, timely and caring customer service for depository clients, including customer support provided in person, online, over the phone and through printed materials. Performs teller transactions and perform branch capture ensuring transactions are properly documented. May supervise the work of Client Experience Representatives in Wayzata. Collaborates with other location(s) to share knowledge on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
- Account Opening, Closing & Maintenance: Opens and closes depository accounts for new and existing commercial and private banking clients and maintains accurate documentation and electronic files. Maintain client accounts; e.g. customer inquiries on their accounts, reorder checks, add signers to accounts, reorder ATM/debit cards, close accounts due to lost or stolen checks, etc.
- Vault & Cash Management: Daily management of the overall vault operations. Assist in developing and implementing all procedures and policies with regard to drawer issuance and return, change issuance, drawer auditing, discrepancy tracking and reporting, access, etc. Ensures adherence to bank policy for maintaining proper vault cash balance and teller drawer limits. Responsible for all money shipments.
- Product & Service Knowledge: Maintains product and service knowledge including all benefits and features as well as all operational/systems issues related to offering, selling, and booking or engaging in transactions for such products and services. May assist in the development of new products and services and assist with implementation, training, and ongoing support.
- Business & Community Development: Assist Market President and Market Development in building Tradition brand awareness in Wayzata by locating and developing deposit relationships that support production goals. Promotes relationships with groups, agencies, and organizations in the community to identify business development opportunities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Back
- Demonstrated commitment to timely, defect free and caring client service
- Develops and maintains knowledge of compliance and internal control requirements necessary to complete the job
- Stay abreast of current trends in electronic banking (including online and mobile platforms)
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to read and interpret documentation such as operating and procedure manuals
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An independent, quick learner
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- Demonstrate self-motivation and present a resourceful work ethic
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from College or University
- Experience: 5-7 years of experience in banking in related position (Client Service Representative or Teller Supervisor) with proven supervision and operational experience and thorough banking and compliance knowledge; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Laser Pro, Fiserv ITI
- ACH processing and business online banking experience desired
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel may be required for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.