The Web Design Student Assistant helps to ensure consistency of The Association of Former Student’s brand and messaging by providing support to the Web Team.
This is classified as an off-campus job and is non-TAMU payroll.
Perform specific tasks in support of Web Operation objectives.
- HTML coding for mass emails, including template creation through both a WYSIWYG editor and custom code
- Answers general web support emails and calls
- Works in conjunction with Web Team to assist in the support of WordPress sites for more than 100 Classes, Clubs, and Constituent Networks.
- Creates and installs new themes for WordPress sites.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Web Manager and UI/UX Designer.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University.
Preferred: Pursuing undergraduate degree in MIS, Computer Science or other related field of study.
Required: Experience with HTML and CSS.
Required: Basic Knowledge of HTML and CSS. Basic Photoshop skills.
PRIMARY TECHNOLOGIES TO BE UTILIZED
Visual Studio .NET 2015
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Frequent use of a computer.
Required: Must be able to easily converse and write in English. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to follow standard guidelines and procedures.