Job Title: Restaurant Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Front of House
Reports To: General Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Restaurant Manager is responsible for proper shift execution on a day to day basis. Key responsibility areas include team performance, maximizing sales and profitability, effective cost controls, training and retention of key associates, and maintaining consistent service and hospitality standards in all areas.
• Ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively within the Company’s fiscal and operational guidelines.
• Daily financial accountability (cash drops, change orders, server drops, petty cash, change banks). Review of daily reports (sales, comps, etc.)
• Develop initiatives to build sales, profitability and guest counts. Maintain effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
• Responsible for the physical/aesthetic maintenance of the restaurant.
• Ensure that all menu items are presented in an appropriate manner.
• Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining front of the house schedules for employees.
• Ensure a safe and secure work and dining environment for associates and guests.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
• Participation of weekly deep cleaning projects for restaurant with rest of management team.
• Responsible for counseling and progressive discipline.
• Work with & maintain the Aloha & open Table programs
• Oversee the overall execution of operation when General Manager is absent
• Understanding of concessions operations
• Understanding of beverage/wine program
• Implementation & maintenance of training including service, wine and culinary.
• All other duties on an as assigned by management
Essential Qualifications and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to demonstrate strong affinity for Applause’s Core Values:
Honor and Respect all People
Aspire to Greatness
Nourish and Inspire
Communicate and Share Feedback
Enrich our Community
Learn and Lead
Innovate and Create
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
• Must have 2+ years managerial experience with a focus on direct guest relations.
• Must be familiar with Aloha and Open Table. Must have strong written, communication and computer skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise reports and presentations that are understandable by the target audience.
• Highly organized/strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated initiative; results oriented and entrepreneurial minded.
• Strong project management experience and ability to manage on-going multiple priorities.
• Ability to interact with diverse groups and foster a cooperative work environment. Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity. Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office applications.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific visions requirements include the ability to see at close range.
• Fine hand manipulation (key boarding).
•May be required to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the
time. The noise level may include that of a typical restaurant environment. Office space is small and